Saturday, May 23, 2009

Amy R's Friday Sketch [AMYRS3]

I have mixed feelings about this card. While I'm happy with certain aspects of it, I'm not thrilled with it as a whole. Anyway, I'll just talk about my resourcefulness in creating my own nestie. I wanted to use a stamp I had never used before and it was too big for the two circle punches I own so I used a small American Crafts ribbon spool. I held up the image to the window allowing the light to come through and centred the image in front of the spool. Then holding the spool in place I traced the spool. I got out one of my oldest edge scissors and not knowing whether it would work or not found myself delightfully surprised at the result. How cool is that? I love the new ribbon and blue brads, too. However, the card still looks too plain for my liking and made me realize how bored I am with my cardstock! It's time to hit the craft store again.

Here's Amy R's sketch:
And here's my card:
Sources: DCWV and Halcraft cardstock; Provo Craft paper; SU! Pun Fun stamp and Brilliant Blue ink; Copic markers; American Crafts brads; Offray Straight 'N' Narrow ribbon; Kane wavy edge scissors

1 comment:

AmyR said...

Ooohhh very resourceful!! Well done and thanks for playing along! :)