Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm Back

I hope you all didn't miss me too much! We went on a five-day trip to central Pennsylvania to visit family. It was our first trip with the munchkin and he was a star during the flights but he hated the car rides. The smelly rental car and uncomfortable rented infant seat probably didn't help matters but we all survived and I'm so happy to be home with my craft stuff again. I didn't realize how much I would miss making cards! Maybe I'll bring a few things along with me on our next trip.

It was great seeing my husband's family for a few days. It had been many years since we'd gone there for a visit but of course we'd seen them in other locations. We got a lot of fresh country air and ate a lot of delicious food. I loved listening to the birds and crickets in the woods. Of course we hit the Outlets at Hershey to get a ton of cute stuff for the baby and a few new things for me. I also ended up getting a couple of cool new punches and a ton of ribbon at Michael's and I can't wait to use them.

Today I went to pick up our keys from the catsitters and what I thanked them with was a mix of cards from my stash, both handmade and store-bought. I only had five minutes to throw together some wrapping and a tag before heading out to meet them so here's what I came up with.

Blogger keeps turning some of my images even though they are oriented in the proper direction on my computer. I don't get it! Is anyone else having problems with this and is there a way to fix it? I know basic HTML but not enough to make it work. Hopefully this afternoon or tonight I can use some of my new craft supplies to catch up on the sketches I missed! I have a bunch of cards to make for June and also need to replenish my stash so the sketches will definitely come in handy.

Sources: DCWV and Halcraft cardstock; SU! Pun Fun; Memories Black ink; Copic markers; fine black Sharpie pen; Offray ribbon; McGill circle punches; Marvy long reach tiny circle punch

No comments: