Thursday, May 7, 2009

Kid Card #1

Thank you Karen G., Tiffany and Terri E. for your sweet comments! I only joined the stamping community recently so it's super nice to have this level of encouragement and traffic to my site. It's been a super busy week since we're going on vacation next week and although I received my new Pink Cat Studio stamps on Monday I haven't even had a chance to open the packages and cut up the stamps. Wow, just looking at them made me drool for days! I kept thinking, 'How am I going to initiate these stamps?! Do I use Lily or Billy first? What colours do I choose?' There are so many choices which is what makes these stamp sets so delightful. I finally decided there is no occasion more perfect than a little girl's birthday. A friend's daughter is turning three, very much in the princess stage, and also starting to craft with her mom so I hope this card not only makes her happy but is inspiring. I thought I would dress up Lily as a princess complete with ice cream and handbag. I decided to make up for my lack of markers by filling in the images with pencil crayons then layering with chalks to make the colours more vivid. I love the way my first Lily card turned out and I can't wait to make more!

Sources: DCWV and Halcraft cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Dress Up Lily stamps; HOTP Tiny Words & Images sentiment; Memories Black ink; Sharpie fine black pen; Gary Burlin silver glitter glue; Laurentian pencil crayons; Jewels chalks; Fiskars Nostalgia corner edger; McGill circle punch; American Crafts brads in grapefruit; Dimension squares

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Your card is adorable Emily! I'm glad you are having fun with your new stamps!! Thanks for sending me the photo, I'll add it to my gallery :)
I'll write your Panda suggestion in my idea book. It would be fun to draw a panda set!
Hugs,
Melissa