Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge [SSSC17] and Custom Wedding #3

Wow, I must be on the same wavelength as Karen Giron! I started this card yesterday because Angela and James ordered a custom wedding card from me last week. I had just added the ribbon and was wondering how to incorporate the bride and groom's names before putting it away for the night. This morning I was trying to decide if I wanted to use two hearts for the names and use brads to anchor them on the ribbon. When I saw Karen's sketch after breakfast, I couldn't believe my eyes. The only difference between her card and mine was that I had tied my ribbon on the right. I decided to ditch the heart idea and simply incorporate the rectangle for a 1-for-2 card (my custom wedding card and Karen's sketch challenge). I had to handwrite the names several times because the only gold pen I had kept exploding on me and pooling all over the paper. After two disasters, I got nervous because I was running out of the only matching paper left but I was finally able to finish. This card was extremely satisfying to make and I'm getting better at tying bows!

Here's Karen's sketch:
And here's my card:

Sources: Essence du Papier and Halcraft cardstock; EK Success wedding paper; random scraps; Basic Grey ribbon; Fiskars Threading Water border punch; McGill square punch; Pilot extra fine gold pen; Dimension squares

1 comment:

Karen Giron said...

Haha, great minds think alike, right!? They will LOVE this card, it's gorgeous!