Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pink Cat Studio ~ Mar 4th Digi Release!

Welcome to another week of digital Pink Cat Studio cuties! There's something for everyone this week. There's a gorgeous Lily fairy showering fairy dust on happy flowers, Lily and Billy snowboarders (eeek) and the cutest Lily Easter bunny with egg!

I decided to make these cards in the spirit of Maƫlle Ricker's gold medal run in the ladies' snowboard cross, one of my absolute favourite Winter Olympic events to watch. These Olympics were the best I've seen in my life and I've never been more proud of Canada's performance in it! I don't think I've screamed with excitement or cried so much in my life, purely out of sheer happiness and amazement. Canada broke the previous records for the most gold medals ever won in a Winter Olympics and the most gold medals ever won by a host nation! I think those records are going to last a while. :)

I don't know if you can tell, but I stamped a maple leaf in red for a nice subtle and very Canadian background. Then I stamped one card with the sentiment 'You're #1' and 'Way to go!' on the other. Both of those sentiments are from the PCS rubber set Lily and Billy Accessories. I also put crystal effects on the goggles and snowboards to make them look like the real thing. Cool, eh?

I didn't have time to use Billy snowboarder but I'll definitely be using both of these images a lot. Oh, how I miss snowboarding! It's not easy to do any of the things I used to do before I became a mother and this is one of those things I probably won't get to do again until my son is old enough to go snowboarding himself. By then I'll be... quite old and if I don't get myself back into shape I might just break something on the bunny hill. LOL

Sources: SU Real Red & textured Black cardstock; AC textured Black cardstock; TPH 111lb matte white cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Lily Snowboarder digital image; Copics; SU Crystal Effects; Pink Cat Studio retired Canadian maple leaf; Pink Cat Studio Lily & Billy Accessories; Vivid Red ink; SU Basic Gray ink; Gutermann metallic thread; dimension squares

I made this set of Easter cards for my sister and personalized them at her request. She's going to be sending three of them to Scotland so I had to rush to get them done and in the mail. I almost never use purple or pink so I was completely out of my element here! Adding pink dp to the mix didn't look right so I just sponged the edges of the card using my Pink Pirouette ink pad to match the pink ribbon. The sentiments could've been better if I had more time. I found that where I had to spell certain words with individual letters, the ones I had were too large so I definitely need to invest in an alphabet set with a smaller font!

Sources: TPH 111lb matte white cardstock; Provo Craft Slab IV dp; Imaginisce Perfectly Posh Chic Speak dp; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Lily Bunny on Egg; Verve Because of You, Verve World's Best; HOTP Plain & Simple ABCs; Copics; SU Pink Pirouette, Lavender Lace & Elegant Eggplant inks; SU scallop border punch; SU Pink Pirouette 5/8" striped grosgrain ribbon; Offray ribbon; Gutermann thread

I hope you enjoyed my post today! Remember to check out all the other DT blogs for more inspiration and if you want to start shopping now, just CLICK HERE to head on over to the Pink Cat Studio store. Have a great day and see you again soon!

3 comments:

Maria said...

I love how you make multiple cards all the time! I really need to do that! It's a great way to get a good stock of cards. Love the red/black combo on the Lily snowboard cards!! Very bold. Your easter cards are sdorable too. Beautiful job on this week's release!

Maria

Anonymous said...

O..M..G..!!!! Look at these, seriously, amazing!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my GOSH, these are FABULOUS!!