Saturday, August 28, 2010

Good Things Come in Threes


I woke up this morning to find out that I received a Beautiful Blogger Award from the delightful mustavcoffee. She was one of my very first Followers and always leaves the nicest comments which make me smile. Thank you so much! As a recipient of this award, I need to tell you seven facts about myself and then pass the award on to seven other bloggers.

First, more about me:

  1. I have one sibling, a younger sister who's three inches taller than me.
  2. I have a degree in anthropology.
  3. I'm also a certified makeup artist who has a magazine cover to my credit. No doubt, I love fashion and photography. My favourite clothing stores are JCrew, Banana Republic, Club Monaco and Lululemon, and my favourite shoe store is Cole Haan. I'm a label snob when it comes to handbags and I judge those who buy fakes (here's why).
  4. I've kept every single report card I ever received, all the way back to junior kindergarten.
  5. I love to receive postcards from friends who are travelling.
  6. I get upset if I receive a gift that is not accompanied by a card!!! That's how much I appreciate cards.
  7. I've been to 22 of the 50 United States but only 3 of Canada's provinces and territories. However, I've been fortunate enough to vacation in 13 countries and live abroad. My dream is to show my son the world and hope that he is able to experience even more than I have.
And now, seven amazing blogland friends I'd like to share this award with:
  1. Sunghee at Creativity in Progress
  2. Angela at Paper Cupboard
  3. Meg at Corgi Creations
  4. Saskia at Snippers & Co.
  5. Karen at The Bald Dragonfly
  6. Emily at Emmie-Lou Who...Stamps & You!
  7. Lynn at The Mango Boys and Me
I wish I could've given this award to more than seven friends but rules are rules. Just know that I appreciate everyone who visits my blog (commenters and lurkers alike). I love to visit your blogs in turn and I'm always amazed and inspired by all your work as well! Thank you for making my blogging experience a fun one! It's what keeps me going.

The second great thing about today was that we were able to get our hands on a free Thomas & Friends wooden railway car for our son. Toys R Us was having a rare free giveaway so we got to the store just before opening and got in line. Of course they had limited quantities and when the opened the doors, the people who didn't have strollers rushed ahead of us and got in line first even though they arrived behind us. Is there no common courtesy anymore? All the parents with strollers were shunted to the back of the line but luckily we were able to get a hold of one train each for our little boys. They had four options: Thomas, Smudger, George and Rheneas. Our son had a hard time choosing but he finally settled on George whom we thought was the most unique.

Lastly, I found out that I made the finals in the Fall CAS DT search! I couldn't be more happy or excited and the final challenge is perfect for me. I can't wait to start on that card but not before finishing the card for my Summer CAS Guest Designer spot on Monday! :D

3 comments:

Meg said...

Wow, what a happy day!

And I'm blushing about the beautiful blogger award!!! :)

I did not know you were a make up artist. I really just want mascara that doesn't make my eyes burn after 5 hours-is that too much to ask?

I just had to go count up my states visited and the answer was 23. But you beat me on countries (11).

Glad you're having such a rockin' Sunday!

Angela said...

Aw shucks, thanks Em! I'm honored. And I need to make more blog friends, stat!
It sounds like your day has been pretty dang spiffy :) Can't wait to see your guest DT card tomorrow!
I'd love to see your magazine cover someday!

Lynn said...

Happy, happy day!!! Thanks so much Emily - I greatly appreciate it!!