Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pink Cat Studio ~ Aug 12th Digi Release!

Pink Cat Studio Digis are back after a five-week break! Today's new digis have a Back-to-School theme and you're going to love them!!

I chose to work with Itty Bitty Betty sitting on her stack of school supplies because I've loved playing with her hair since her introduction last Halloween. You can see what I've done with it in the past here, here and here. I think I love Betty even more than Lily! Gasp. ;)

This was another idea I had in my sketchbook all this time and this was the perfect opportunity to use it. I've always wanted to "stitch" her hair right into the card. I used two shades of embroidery floss to match the Copic shades, then I attached gemstones for hair accessories. I also used my AtYou Spica glitter pen to highlight the darkest shades of each colour. You can see the sparkle in the red crayon here and in the ladybug, Betty's dress, notebook and lunchbox below.

To finish, I used Crystal Effects on the notebook label, apple and lunchbox. After all, what's school without a shiny apple, a brand new notebook and a super pretty lunchbox? :D

Thanks so much for enjoying this release with me!! For more inspiration, please check out the other DT blogs whose links are on my sidebar. We have five new members and you'll love what they've done for their first week with Pink Cat Studio! Thanks again for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Sources: GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Back to School Betty; Copics; Carnival embroidery floss; Forever in Time gemstone stickers; SU Crystal Effects; AtYou Spica glitter pen

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the colours Em, and her hair, too cute!!

Heather said...

Gorgeous, love the shininess, colour s that pop and cute hair (can't believe all the different ways you've done her hair - so creative!). Love it. Heather:)

Tee said...

Love the coloring..and love what you did to her hair..me thinks you want a baby girl!! :D

Beautiful card, and a Happy birthday to your kiddo on his birthday!!

Janna Werner said...

Usually I am not a big fan of those figure stamps, but I think they look cute. I like what you did with the hair.

Janna

Lynn said...

Emily, Fabulous coloring. Really love the Crystal Effects...perfect extra touch!

Smita said...

Cute card. I love the coloring and the crystal effects...

Angela said...

You are so good at coloring! Love the gem/sewing technique on her little pigtails!

Angela said...

PS: happy birthday, Damian!!

Lindsey said...

Happy birthday to your boy! This is an incredible card. All the thoughtful detail you've added -- and the hair! Awesome!

Maria said...

Ooh, I love what you did with Crystal effects! So cool Emily! Your card is so adorable! I love it!

Maria

Meg said...

Stop it! I love her hair!!!! That is such a cute idea!

I totally want her lunchbox, too.

G Peplow said...

Great cards, love the colouring:) xxx