Monday, December 20, 2010

Unity Guest Designer Monday {Dec 20th}

Hello there! Are you reading this or are you completely shocked at the amount of patterned paper you see? LOL I hope you finished all your holiday preparations this past weekend so you can relax over the next few days! Today I'm showing you two completely different cards with the same colour theme.

My first card uses the December Store Kit - Sexy, Silly & Sassy paired with beautiful papers from Echo Park's Wintertime Collection. When I saw the journaling card, I knew I wanted to use it with this lingerie set! I stitched the striped paper on to the card base. Then I paper pieced the bra and boy briefs, my favourite kind of comfy yet cute underwear! ;Þ

My second card is clean and simple using colours drawn from the first card. I stamped the butterflies from Happy Everything in three different colours and cut out one of each butterfly. I picked a sentiment from the December Kit - Just Be You, lined everything up and stitched the butterflies in place. The stitching wasn't necessary but I love the effect it has on the card. I have quite a few friends I wasn't able to spend a lot of time with in 2010 and they'll be getting one of these in the New Year!

May you all have an absolutely wonderful week!

Sources for Baby, It's Cold Outside: SU Early Espresso & Old Olive cardstock; Echo Park Wintertime Collection - Stripes, Berries, Flurries & Journaling Cards; Unity Sexy, Silly & Sassy; Memento Rich Cocoa ink; Gutermann white thread; sewing machine; The Twinery baker's twine in Cappuccino; Basic Grey button; Stampin' Dimensionals

Sources for Get Together: GinaK 120lb pure luxury White cardstock; Unity Happy Everything; Unity December 2010 Kit of the Month - Just Be You; SU Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss & Brilliant Blue inks; Memento Rich Cocoa ink; Gutermann white thread; sewing machine

22 comments:

Lindsey said...

Your first card is just too much fun! And the paper-piecing on the lingerie is amazing. The second card appeals to my CAS-loving soul, of course. ;) I'm in awe that no butterfly antennae were harmed in the making of this card. LOL

Lana Clarke said...

Beautiful fresh and clean looking cards Emily!
I think thankfully I have about done with the shopping but you can always guarantee you have forgotten something at the last minute! lol
Hugs
Lana x

~amy~ said...

So so cute!!!! Love all the patterned goodness on the 1st card & adore the CAS design on the 2nd!!!

Janna Werner said...

Jippie more sexy cards from Emily lol totally cute!

Janna

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

That first card is too cute, Em! I love the DP. It is sitting on my shelf quite unloved, but now that Christmas is upon us, I should pull it out! The butterflies are GORGEOUS! You rock, chicka!

Angela said...

Oh my, look at you rocking the dp!! Love the piecing of that adorable lingerie :)

The second is classic Em -- and just amazing, to boot!
Love.

Karin said...

Oh shut up! I will so be borrowing this idea Emily...I *heart* the sentiment with the undies and just the right amount of patterns on this card :) I adore the white space on the second card...You pull this off so well.

G Peplow said...

Fabulous cards Emily, Happy Christmas :0) xxx

Ros said...

Wow! these cards are just fabulous!!! you have some gorgeous creations on your blog ... awesome! Thanks ever so much for leaving me a comment too ... gave me a chance to see your amazing talent .... Have a wonderful Christmas

Vicky Hayes said...

I was just saying how classy your cards are as I logged in to show my daughter your site and up came the underwear card! My daughter absolutely adored it while I have fallen in love with the butterflies - it's the stitching that gets me! Oh - and the colours.

Julie said...

These are both adorable Emily! Love the two totally different cards in the same color palette! I love the note paper on the first card - it coordinates perfectly with the color scheme. Those butterflies on the second card are adorable - love the unnecessary stitching. I think it adds a perfect touch :)

farmhouse-story said...

love how fun your 1st card is, emily! and the b-fly card is something i'm gonna case:)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

They are both so sweet, I love them both, love the CAS look on that butterfly card, what a brilliant creation!

Lynn said...

Oh...love both cards but the second one was speaking to my CAS heart...love the butterflies...clean and gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

Great cards Emily!! That 1st card is so fun and I LOVE those butterflies!!! (=

Meg said...

Holy crap! That bra & pantie card is fantastic! I love the paper piecing you did with the different patterns. I bet this card will certainly start heating things up!

Fabulous CAS on the butterfly card. Love the stitching down the middle.

Alice said...

your first card is super fun and love love the simplicity of the second one! fab work as always, Emily!

Shauna K said...

LOVING that CAS flutterby card ;) love it!!
oh! and since ya asked- my 'tomorrow card' featured April's KOM- http://www.unitystampco.com/product/638-together-we-bloom.aspx

Lisa said...

Your lingerie is too CUTE! Love the paper piecing. And your second card is also great - love the extra little something the stitching gives it!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh, I love the CAS card, but fun to think of bikini weather...

Highland Monkey's said...

Just love those cards. Lovely colours. The butterflies are beautiful.

Cristina said...

LOVE that second one! You are SO GOOD at CAS.