Thursday, December 30, 2010

Unity Hip Hop {Dec 30th}

Welcome to another Hip Hop! Can you believe the year is almost over and this is our final Hip Hop of 2010? This means that a brand new Kit of the Month is on the horizon and you are going to love it. LOVE. The January Kit will surpass all expectations and fulfill your wildest dreams... to the moon and back! For real.

As we say farewell to December and 2010, I thought it would be appropriate to make a card using two images from Just Be You. I stamped the gridded frame first, created a mask and stamped the background using Giving It All Meaning. I purposely put the 'enjoy' definition in clear view on the bottom left corner to lead it into the teacup which also says 'enjoy'. You can see that there are several tie-ins with the three colours I used. I love this card except I noticed too late that I forgot to cut out the handle for the teacup. Argh. Me. Forget to cut? :)

Select Unity sets are now 30-75% off and you get a free stamp for every $10 spent! Plus, the free shipping special is still on for all U.S. and Canadian residents. Visit the Unity Store for all the details. :)

Thank you for taking time out of your busy holiday schedule to visit!
Now it's time to Hip Hop on over to Julie's blog!

Sources: GinaK pure luxury Kraft & 120lb pure luxury White cardstock; Unity December 2010 Kit of the Month - Just Be You; Unity Giving It All Meaning; Memento Rich Cocoa ink; SU Cherry Cobbler & Tempting Turquoise inks; paper piercer; embroidery needle; The Twinery baker's twine in Caribbean; Stampin' Dimensionals

37 comments:

Ujjwal said...

The card is as always beautiful Emily! and I am loving the beautiful moon set.

AJ said...

awesome Emily- LOVE how those work *SO* well together!! :)

Lynn said...

So cute....I love the way you tilted the text background stamp.

jennifer mitten said...

I love this card!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the elements, especially the definitions on the angle. Love that!

~amy~ said...

so fun...love the pop of color!

Angie Blom said...

Awesomeness Emily, I love coming to your blog and so glad I found another Torontonian.. let me know if you are on FB... one day we will have to meet and maybe have a scrapday hehe.. I love your blog.
happy new year.. hugsxx

Angela said...

Oh, it looks fine with the handle left alone. Fantastic, in fact -- love the frame/definition combo, and the twine adds a lot of sass.
And yes, the next kit looks great...those shoes are fun! Too bad I'm on a freeze...for now. :)

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hello Emily!

Great to read you are feeling a bit better now, happy about that! This card is a beauty again, love the layout and the colors, really lovely!

Hugs, Wendy

Scrapcollectr said...

You constantly AMAZE me! I so totally want to try this design, girl.... I'm chomping at the bit for the Jan kit now... *smile*
Wishing you a Happier New Year!

NoraAnne said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! So pretty :) Love the two twine bows and how you stamped the background!

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Emily! I love the layout and color combo! So pretty!

Erika said...

Emily!!! Love your card. It's gorgeous. Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the card...and the colors you used...cant wait to get my stamps o ordered in....:)

stampjourney said...

Love, love, love your card and your CAS style! Happy 2011!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, Emily!
Happy New Year to you and yours.

Jennine Chambers said...

I just LOVE your card!!!

Maren said...

GORGEOUS! Love that twine!

Anonymous said...

Uber fantastic as usual Em! I love how you used that background stamp!

lisa a.

Becky Dunham said...

Great card Emily! I have never masked before but I love this idea so much I may have to start! Thanks for the inspiration!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super cute as always! LOVE your style;)

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Jan kits are great.

Lindsey said...

Love that teacup image and how you used it! And I'm with Ang... no worries about not cutting out the inside of the handle! What a great, cleanly-designed card.

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card tfs!!!

Carisa said...

i love how you stamped that background off like that & masked it to boot. fantastic girl! LOVE LOVE LOVE this little teacup.

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Great card!

Julie Campbell said...

What a great design! I love the text under the teacup & the way you used the twine!

Anonymous said...

Really a fresh and fun creation. I like the thoughtful way you put "enjoy" into the card.

Shemaine Smith said...

Emily I have really enjoyed your work each week!! This card is so cute!

Jennifer said...

Super Cute card Emily!! Loving those sneak peeks!!! (=

Anne Tussing said...

Terrific card! Love the blue and white twine and what you did with it!

stuffie said...

cute, cute, cute!!

Gina Lindsay said...

I love this, those colors are all just fab together!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So love your creation Emily, simple, clean, and fabulous! Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!

Alice said...

love the background! fab card, Emily! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Karin said...

Great card Emily and congrats on winning a prize on Suzi's Blog for the Top Ten Hop :)

Sunghee said...

You are the diva of creating the most awesome card with stamping on the background. You amazes me! Love this brown/blue color combo.