Tuesday, August 13, 2013

{Paper Smooches} Happy Bird Day


Kim shared this card on the Paper Smooches Blog on Saturday. It features the new Buddies Dies, which coordinate with the original Birthday Buddies stamp set. I also used the Shadows stamp set and the Paper Die. All the papers are from Studio Calico's Atlantic paper pad and the base is trimmed so that any angled and off-the-edge corners will still fit inside a standard A2 size envelope. I finished by adding a couple of staples using Tim Holtz's tiny attacher.


Fundraising Announcement: I recently found out that boat racing friends of mine have been invited to the ThunderCat UIM World Championships in Cornwall, U.K. This is the first time a Canadian team has ever been invited to compete. It's a big deal and a dream come true for my friends. They are brothers and I've known them for almost 15 years. They need to raise a lot of money to get themselves and their equipment to the U.K. for the competition so I'm raising money for them by donating all proceeds from my craft sales from now through the end of September! I know that most of you are not novice crafters but I would love it if you could pass on this message to any friends who may be interested. Every little bit helps. If you don't need any new craft supplies and would love to make a donation, that would be fantastic, too. Thanks so much!!

Sources:

8 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! What fun papers you chose for this one!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

So sweet, saw on pinterest and fell in love! Good luck to your friends!

Lindsey said...

In complete awe over how you coloured that bird. :) Plus a totally fun layout... I'd say this card rocks!

Shelly said...

Okay, this card is just too AWESOME!! Love the layout of it and it's soooo cute!! :) Love!

joy said...

Great layout, Emily! I love that little chick - so whimsical!

alexandra s.m. said...

too precious Emily!
TFS~

Jessi Fogan said...

I love this! It's always fun for me when you guys pull out older sets :) Awesome colouring!
And I will definitely be stalking your sales page! What a great idea :)

Barb Ghig said...

This card is absolutely adorable! I love how you colored the bird so much!
Best of luck to your friends...I hope they reach their financial goal and that all of their dreams come true...you are such a great friend, Emily!