Wednesday, October 30, 2013

{Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge} Anything Goes with Simon Exclusives



Welcome to the final Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge in October! This week's challenge is Anything Goes featuring Simon Says Stamp Exclusives. You don't have to use Simon Exclusives but we'd love to see them if you have them! I used the From Us stamp set and the Curved Edge die to create a set of four note cards, including two thank you cards and two birthday cards. I love that these are completely flat and easy to mail.


I've wanted to make cards in this style for a while now and when I received the From Us stamp set and Curved Edge die, everything came together beautifully. As you can see in the photo below, I cut curved panels of patterned papers from Hey You and Hey Boy that show at the bottom of the card when closed but leave enough white space inside the card for writing personal messages.


After the cards were done, I packaged them together with envelopes in a clear bag, tied the package with May Arts' new Antique Gold burlap string and dressed it up with a glittery gold die cut heart from Large Holiday Shapes (also a Simon Exclusive) and a mini clothes pin.


One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 gift voucher to the awesome Simon Says Stamp Store!


It could be you!




I hope you will play along with us this week!



Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful Wednesday. :)

Sources:

19 comments:

~amy~ said...

darling Emily!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card set Emily ! I love the whole design of these,,, what a lovely gift idea and I love the wrapped twine and little heart with clothes pin,,, lovely finishing touches :-)

Hope you have a very Happy Halloween :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Mary-Anne V said...

Very cute gift set.I love the "We" sentiments because many times the whole family is involved in sending the card. Smart stamp set.

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great set of cards! I've been eyeing that curved edge....thinking I really need it...

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

What a pretty collection of thank you cards, Emily! I love the way you bundled it too :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Laura Sterckx said...

I love these cards, Emily! The colors and the design is great! The packaging you made for them is super pretty! That sparkly heart looks gorgeous! :) xox

Jingle said...

This is such an adorable card set! I love it!

Heather said...

What beautiful thank you gifts. A wonderful design and gorgeous details!!!

hugs
Heather xx

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous cards, so now I need the curve die!
luv
Debby

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous ! I love how you have used this stamp set and the whole design of your cards - brilliant !

Hugs

Jo x

Lin said...

A fun set and your presentation is well thought out, too, Emily!

Lindsey said...

What a great design idea, Emily! The curved edge adds so much to a bordered card. A lovely set for anyone to receive.

Unknown said...

These are adorable!!!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Those cards are absolutely darling; I love the bright colors, and the crisp clean look!

Jessi Fogan said...

What a cool layout idea! Love it :)

Melissa Bove said...

Super fun Emily! Great design!!

hugs...

Monika Reeck said...

I love the idea and the color of the DP and nice white card on the front...love your set dear Emily...hugs

Anonymous said...

I love these cards, Emily!!! Your aesthetic is great, as I have checked out your other cards. I will be back to view your work! Don't you love those "Hey Boy" papers-- I have the set and they are so great for boys cards, the little monkeys and boom boxes and cassette tapes!

Cards By MI said...

What a fabby looking set. Looks so clean and the design is so lovely. Great job. Thanks for dropping by my blog.
Love n hugs
Marie