Thursday, August 20, 2015

{Ellen Hutson} August Pin-Sights Challenge


I'm thrilled to be part of Ellen Hutson's August Pin-Sights Challenge! This month's photo inspiration is so pretty and I hope you'll play along. Just be sure to use at least one Essentials by Ellen product on a card, tag, layout, etc.

Enter as many times as you like! One lucky winner will be drawn at random to receive a $50 certificate to spend at Ellen Hutson. Awesome, right?


My card features both the Thankful stamp set and coordinating dies from the latest Essentials by Ellen release, as well as the Folk Hearts Dies. I used the base of the two smallest hearts to mimic the bottom of the layered dress.


Obviously, I used the three main colours from the inspiration photo, as well as pulled earth tones from the flowers in the cake, the boots in the outfit and, of course, the model's hair. I used daubers and various distress inks to create an ombre effect on all of the cornucopia elements.


You have two weeks to link up your project in The CLASSroom. I look forward to seeing all your entries!!

Sources:

10 comments:

Lynn said...

What an attractive card! You did an excellent job of putting the inspiration of the photos into your work.

Rubeena I. said...

ooo I do love those colors! such a cute card

Tracey McNeely said...

Emily what a gorgeous card, the embossing in awesome!

~amy~ said...

emily!!! this is wonderful...love the embossing and your coloring!

I Card Everyone said...

Elegant, beautiful card, Emily! I've never seen more beautiful vegetables!
=] Michele

Samantha Mann said...

Oh
My
Gosh!!!!!!

This is BEAUTIFUL!! Wow! LOOOOVE the colors of those pumpkins! Loooove the die cut pieces...wow! ❤️

Chriss Blagrave said...

Elegant and beautiful. I love seeing your interpretation with these softer colours!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is gorgeous! I love the gold embossing!

Lindsey said...

So very pretty! The shading adds the perfect dimension to the images.

Yuki said...

This card is gorgeous!