Monday, October 23, 2017

{Tim Holtz + Technique Tuesday} Bird Crazy + You Aren't Normal


Back on Day 8 of Kathy Racoosin's 30-Day Colouring Challenge in September, I shared this card on Instagram and I'm finally getting a chance to blog it with all the details and a fully supply list!   
Ang, Linds and I all used Tim Holtz's Crazy Birds, which I combined with Mini Crazy Birds & Things, as well as a sentiment from Technique Tuesday's You Aren't Normal, which went so well with the expressions on the birds. I just love their whole line of snarky sentiments!


I watercoloured the birds and accessories with distress inks and all of the colours are listed below. I also used masking paper and the ink blending technique to create the ground and backdrop. The birds were stamped and die cut from bristol cardstock and the main panel was cut from watercolour cardstock.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

4 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Such a cute combo Emily!! TFS and inspiring!! :D

Purple Princess said...

So super cute!!

Lindsey said...

Such a fun card! (I do like these crazy birds...) Your colouring of them is great! The shaded background grounds them perfectly.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This is such a fun card !