Monday, March 26, 2018

{Spellbinders} Shapeabilities Eau de Lavande Label Etched Dies


I made a couple of cards using a gorgeous set of dies from Spellbinders called Shapeabilities Eau de Lavande Label Etched Dies. It's a set of four dies made to layer together but they can also be used on their own. There are so many ways you can use these dies and this is just one of those fun ways! 


I used all four of the dies on both these cards. The largest of the dies is quite large, being bigger than a standard A2 card so you can actually make a shaped card from it. I wanted to feature the intricate scrolls from the biggest die without making an over-sized card so I decided to use just the ends to frame the other three dies, which I layered together in the centre.


Running the die cut pieces through the Platinum 6 Die Cutting and Embossing Machine with the embossing plates adds so much detail to the shapes! I used distress inks and a brush to paint the lilacs and then I used a blending tool to sponge the other two panels. I used glue dots to adhere all the layers together for a bit of dimension but kept it relatively flat for mailing.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

2 comments:

Purple Princess said...

So pretty!! Love the frame!!

Lindsey said...

So very pretty! Perfect colouring, and a great way to use the large die in a different way.