Wednesday, May 30, 2018

{Two Many Cards Video Series} featuring We R Memory Keepers: Happy Jig


Hi, everyone! Kalyn and I are back with our new video series, Two Many Cards. If you missed our first three videos in this series, check out the original post HERE, which explains how and why we're sharing our own unique take on the same products. 


Today, we're featuring We R Memory Keepers' Happy Jig wire creation tool! Tools are an important part of the cardmaking process and I own many We'R tools, including the corner chomper (one of my very first tools), the envelope punch board and the gift box punch board. It's so nice to add yet another amazing and innovative We'R tool to my growing collection!


I knew I wanted the Happy Jig the moment I saw it. I'm certain my husband and son will love it, too. My husband will likely come up with some cool designs (probably a few at my request LOL) and I'll be sure to share them with you!


I chose patterned papers from Pinkfresh Studio for both cards. I used the 6x6 paper pad from Let Your Heart Decide and the 12x12 collection from Be You. You can find links to both of those collections below, in both sizes.


I made the coffee mug first using the mint wire (so pretty!) because it looked easy and had a lot of open space. The angles weren't too sharp either. Plus, I wanted to make a coffee card for the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop! I die cut the coffee word from My Favorite Things' Coffee Cup and stamped the sentiment from Perk Up. The heart was die cut using a shape from Blueprints 27.


I adore this little French bulldog! Isn't he the cutest? I made a bow tie for him from denim ribbon by cutting the tails off a normal bow and securing the knot with glue dots. I used My Favourite Things' A2 Rectangle STAX Set 1 to cut the bottom panel and Blueprints 29 for the stitched rectangle. The sentiment is from Puppy Kisses. To finish, I cut out a piece of peach coloured paper from the same pattern paper on the base and placed it behind the tongue. Then I added googly eyes to give the dog personality.


Please head over to Kalyn’s blog and YouTube channel to see her take on We'R's Happy Jig!

We hope you're enjoying this series. Please do let us know if there’s something you’d love to see us do or feature and we’ll add it to our idea book. Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies:

SaveSave

12 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is awesome, Emily. You are SO super talented and creative. It blows my mind. Thanks for sharing your amazing art in the coffee hop. I always enjoy stopping by your blog.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

MariLynn said...

Ok, I knew that this coffee lovers hop was going to be dangerous to my wallet. I love that jig. I love how your puppy and coffee mug look. It is now added to my already long wish list. Thank for sharing.

New Creations said...

So different and unique with eye-catching elements love the graphic design with cute coffee wired cup and sweet puppy too!

~amy~ said...

EMILY!
These are ADORABLE! Way to rock the Jig! The coffee mug is fantastic, such a fabulous card.
Oh my, that Frenchie is soooooooooooooooo CUTE.

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are so cool and I love how you created the designs with the wires and that tool. Very clever and fun designs.

Arianna Barbara said...

Awesome projects! Your coffee cup is simply adorable! I'm in love for the cutie dog too!!!

Sue D said...

Great cards. Love the googly eyes and bow tie for the dog.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Wow! I absolutely LOVE your beautiful wire art cards! This is SO amazing!

Billie A said...

Cute idea.. with my hands I don't think I'd be able to do but sure appreciate seeing people that can create. love your cards.

Lisa said...

So I came for the coffee... and I LOVE it... it's awesome! But I'm swooning for that bulldog... omg ... these are awesome. I might need that jig!

Fikreta said...

those cards are wonderful!

Lindsey said...

I am in awe of these two cards. So fun!