Monday, August 13, 2018

{Avery Elle} Happy Birthday follow-up to Two Many Cards Video Series


So there's a funny little story attached to this card, which features Avery Elle's Peek-a-Boo Pals. After my son saw the card for my last Two Many Cards Video Series, he said this, "I want this for my birthday. You have to give this card to me for my birthday." Then he continued, "I really like how you wrapped the sloth's feet around the tree. Why didn't you do that for the koala and panda?" LOL


Ok, buddy, here it is! As I mentioned in my video, I wanted to try a horizontal version so I did just that. I also switched out Evergreen Bough in the background for Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint since my son loves lime green. I love the greater contrast with the sky in Peacock Feathers.


I also used the little trees I made in the video as bits of foliage for this card. I love how they look! The sentiment on the original card for a general uplifting sentiment but since this was for my son's birthday, I used a birthday sentiment and added little party hats and hearts to make this perfect for the occasion.


I left the panda's feet hanging but I did wrap the koala's tiny paws around the trunk, just like the sloth's. In the angled shot, you can see all of the layers and dimension.


I hope you enjoyed this version of the original card!

Supplies:

7 comments:

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh my! It's so cute!!! Love this horizontal version too! Happy Birthday to your son!

Mary-Anne V said...

This card turned out even cuter than the first. Isn't it funny how kids minds think...they are a huge source of creativity!

Sunshinesity said...

Just as cute as the first . I love that your son saw the difference in the paws !

Dana M said...

Fantastic cards! Love that all the critters have their paws wrapped around the branch. Isn't it fun when someone sees one of your cards and loves it so much that they wish to be the recipient.

Purple Princess said...

So super cute!!

Becca Yahrling said...

It's funny how the kids can influence us, huh?! This is just as awesome as the first card.

Lori said...

These are adorable!