Monday, October 8, 2018

{Technique Tuesday} Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends and family! I hope you had an amazing long weekend filled with the company of loved ones and great food. Today, I'm sharing a couple of cards I put together using the coloured images I shared on Instagram a few days ago.


At first look, you may think that the Happy Thanksgiving stamp set is only for planners and not for cardmakers but I've found that planner stamp sets are extremely useful for cardmaking and some of my favourite Technique Tuesday stamp sets are specifically planner sets!


This first card basically uses the same circle of images I shared on Instagram but I swapped the turkey with the apple and pear so that the colours were more evenly distributed around the wreath. I also wanted to use the remaining image - the branch of leaves, which was impossible to fussy cut - so I stamped those on the card base to create a basic wreath, leaving space in between for all of the images.


Since I scored the background before stamping, I had to heat emboss the main sentiment on vellum before attaching it to the panel. I popped the images on foam tape to give the card dimension.


The sentiment on my second card was also heat embossed and I went with a grid layout for the images to balance the longer, blockier sentiment.


This time, I just added two simple score lines to the vertical edges. Just like on the first card, I also stamped some of the images on the panel before adhering the coloured pieces. For example, the pie and turkey now have their steam, and the pumpkin, acorn and fruit now have their stems. The images on this card were adhered flat with glue.

 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

4 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Delightful cards!! Thanks for sharing Emily!

Purple Princess said...

Super fun cards!!

Denise Bryant said...

Really cute cards, Emily! I especially love that adorable wreath!

Lindsey said...

It's so easy to forget about scoring, but it adds such an elegant touch to these cards! Excellent colouring, of course!