Friday, February 1, 2019

{Technique Tuesday} February 2019 Release Hop: Day 1


Welcome to Day 1 of Technique Tuesday's February 2019 Release Blog Hop! The design team is featuring a variety of release products and you're sure to love them so be sure to head over to the Technique Tuesday blog for the full reveal and links to all of the amazing projects. All of the amazing new products are now available for purchase!


Today, I'm featuring the Kind Cosmos stamp set and coordinating dies. I used a simple and traditional layout for this card to show off the simplicity and beauty of the image by repeating it three times across the bottom of the panel.


I heat embossed the cosmos and sentiment with sparkle embossing powder and watercolored the images with four distress inks, all listed below.


To highlight the colours in the flowers, I blended three of the four distress ink colours into the bottom half of the base panel. Then I arranged the three die cuts and adhered them with large glue dots.


These flowers can be coloured so many ways and in different colours for very different effects. The three sentiments included in this set make it extremely versatile and useful year-round.


Be sure to hop along for more inspiration featuring products from the February 2019 Release and leave comments at each stop to increase your chance of winning one of three $20 gift certificates to the Technique Tuesday store.


Thanks so much for hopping along with us!

Supplies:

44 comments:

Pat said...

I love love love this card and stamp. I love playing with flowers and never tire of coloring them. the matching die is awesome making layering so easy I could see me using this all the time, I love trying different colors on flowers as mother nature paints hers all colors

Andrea Hastilow said...

Love the soft look of this card, that Kind Cosmos is most definitely a must. Thank you for sharing

Alma Dirpaul said...

So pretty

Linda E said...

So much can be done with a simple flower stamp.

P Beatty said...

Beautiful card. Love the simplicity!

Karthikha said...

This card is so beautiful!! I love the soft feel to it! :)

Unknown said...

I just love this new stamp ad die cut! Beautiful card.

Kelly Kennedy said...

This is simply gorgeous! I love this stamp and die set!

Jackie W said...

Oh, my! This is so pretty! Love how you repeated the image. Yup, on my list to get soon! TFS

luvhymns said...

Beautiful soft background that accents the cosmos' stunningly!

justmakescents said...

I love cosmos,oh heck admit it, I love almost all flowers. But watching cosmos in the wind has always captured my attention. Those spindly stems hold that good sized flower up to heaven,& they do not bend in the wind. You did a beautiful job,now I can't hardly wait for my set to come in.

tndj said...

I love flowers and love coloring them. Not the best with shading but coloring is fun anyway. Love making cards with flowers. You made a beautiful card.

Teri S. said...

Emily, your card is oh, so very pretty! Love the blending of colours on the background that are soft & calming. Cosmos are one of my favourite flowers as they are "happy" looking & grow in so many lovely colours.

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card! I love the soft colors you used and those lovely flowers! Great stamp!

Natalie said...

Beautiful card Emily. This design could be used for so many different occasions.

Kelly Parker said...

your card is beautiful! i love the subtle colors you used and the cosmos are wonderful! i need this set!

Jean said...

What a beautiful card! Love the soft color!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is really sweet and quite beautiful. I love these
flowers; they're my favorite of the release.

Sue D said...

So pretty in soft pink.

sharon g said...

So simple and pretty. I love the delicate look.

Flo said...

So delicate and pretty

Purple Princess said...

So very pretty!!

patti said...

love the idea of using the stamps/dies multiple times.. creates a very pretty card.

jean said...

very pretty card!!

Janet said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the softness. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

Mary Holshouser said...

Delicate coloring.
Love the garden of flowers.
Can't wait for them to start
popping out of the ground.
thanks for sharing.
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

mindy1414 said...

I always love the Greenhouse Society sets and this Kind Cosmo is no exception. Such a beautiful set and your card in the soft pretty colors is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing this and for the inspiration with this amazing set. (mardy14@bellsouth.net)

Jeanne Beam said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the flowers.
Thanks for sharing...

MadeByMeghanK said...

Just stunning !I love the soft colors and the way you colored the flowers.... really beautiful!

Lindsey said...

Such soft, pretty colours! Beautiful card.

Cat Nowak said...

Beautiful!!!! Love how you clustered those flowers!

Kelsey Thomas said...

This is really pretty. :)

JessicaK said...

Lovely soft tones, awww

cghundley said...

Simple and beautiful!
Great coloring and
design.
Carla from Utah

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow!!!! What an awesome card!!! Super fun blog hop!

McStamper said...

Love your beautiful pink flowers.

Arianna Barbara said...

What a pretty card!!! Beautiful colouring!!!

Dee Earnshaw said...

love the pretty colors on this card - so delicate:)

Kjudy1 said...

You've made such a beautiful card! After this snowy week, it's nice to see flowers again!

NanW said...

Beautiful and soft! I love this card.

Laurie2cats said...

Beautiful card! I love the use of the same colors in the background and flowers

designbydonna said...

Very pretty flowers.

Peggy mcclelland said...

I just love this card the stamp and die set is really pretty.

Dana M said...

Gorgeous card! Love the soft color and beautiful design.