Friday, May 17, 2019

{Concord & 9th} May 2019 Feature Friday: Simple Serif Alphabet


Welcome back to another Concord & 9th Feature Friday! This week, I'm super excited to be sharing a project featuring the Simple Serif Alphabet Dies. The way I designed this card didn't allow me to use the coordinating stamp set but you can be sure that I'll find some way to use them on a future project. I love alphabet die sets because you can do anything with them!


I started this card by picking colours for the Gingham Background. I set my card panel and the background stamp in my MISTI stamping tool so it would stamp a portion across the top and bottom of the panel. Then I used the stitched diamond design in three different colours, gradually getting darker towards the centre of the card.


I used three of those same ink colours and masking paper to ink blend a striped pattern. I added a strip of white glitter cardstock under the three stripes, held the dies in place with removable tape and ran it through my Spellbinders Platinum 6. I love the glittery bottoms! The sentiment that I split and stamped above and below the die cut word is from the May 2019 Earned Reward, Lots To Say. You can get this 3x4 stamp set for free with any $60+ order, now through June 8th or while supplies last. It's such a great little stamp set!


The bears I added to the bottom of my card are from the Hi There Bear Bundle. This remains one of my favourite Concord & 9th sets. It has a panda so how could it not be?! I stamped a panda, grizzly bear and polar bear, my own versions of my families favourite bear family, We Bare Bears. I die cut the tiny bow tie from part of the ink blended panel so it would match the Gingham Background and the die cut letters.


In case you missed it, last week's Feature Friday post featured the Filled In Florals Bundle, a companion set to the Fine Line Florals Bundle. I also sneak peeked these sets together in a Two Many Cards video and you can watch that HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you again next Friday! :)

Supplies:

2 comments:

Lynn said...

This is a beary good card. It made me beary happy. Good color choices.

Lindsey said...

Such a great card! Lots of work involved, what with the DIY background pattern and ink-blended letters, but so worth it for the final effect.