Saturday, June 1, 2019

{Technique Tuesday} June 2019 Release Blog Hop


Welcome to  Technique Tuesday's June 2019 Release Blog Hop! The design team is featuring a variety of release products and you're sure to love them so be sure to head over to the Technique Tuesday blog for the full reveal and links to all of the amazing projects. All of the amazing new products are now available for purchase!


Today, I've combined Blooming Branches with Helen and Harry the Hippos. Who knew they'd be so perfect together! Originally, I was going to use them separately, on two different cards but when I saw how beautiful the blooms were hanging above the hippo's head, I decided to merge the two designs together.


First, I stamped the hippo onto a panel cut from watercolour cardstock. Then I watercoloured it and added some mud and water with distress inks. The bird was actually added much later, after I determined the position of the flowers.


Then I stamped two copies of the the flowers on watercolour cardstock and strategically coloured them knowing that I was going to fussy cut both layers, layering only the flowers. You can find all the  distress ink colours in the supply links below.


After fussy cutting the flowers and deciding how they'd be attached to the panel, I picked a sentiment suitable for the space allowed. I stamped the sentiment and the bird to fill the space. To finish, I attached the flowers with glue dots and attached the panel to a kraft card base with a strip of patterned paper.


Be sure to hop along for more inspiration featuring products from the June 2019 Release!

4 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Sweet card! I love the beautiful flowers! The hippo and bird are adorable!

Lindsey said...

This is so much fun! Absolutely gorgeous flowers to pair with the cute hippo and bird.

Heather Leach aka Betty Cool said...

I am a huge fan of paper smooches and I absolutely adored the card you paid with his new stamps super cute!

Michele said...

Thank you for sharing your creativity