Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Avery Elle | Peek-a-Boo Birthday Card | Part 1


Hi friends, it's been a while. If you've been following my Instagram posts and stories, you'll know that my mom passed away and I'm slowly trying to get back to regular life. This was one of the first cards I made last weekend, to celebrate my niece's 11th birthday. My sister had planned to be here with her family but they couldn't be due to the lockdown. In happier times, we would've all been celebrating together.


My niece and I share a love of sloths and she also has a pet hamster named Luna (Lovegood). I combined the hamster from Peek-a-Boo Pets and the sloth from Peek-a-Boo Pals.


I placed them together in the Market Stand, along with party hats, balloons and a sentiment from Peek-a-Boo Scary Pals. The present is from Peek-a-Boo Car. The three hearts are from Peek-a-Boo Pals and Peek-a-Boo Car.


I stamped and heat embossed the images and sentiment before watercoloring the images with distress inks. Then used the same colours to stencil the clouds in the background. I finished by splattering shimmer spritz on the clouds and adhering the images with a combination of glue dots and foam tape.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is so completely adorable!

Denise Bryant said...

Your card is just adorable! I'm sure your niece was delighted with it! Very sorry to hear about your Mom. Sending my condolences to you and your family.

Lynn said...

Great card! Love the cloud background.

Lisa K said...

My condolences, Emily. I lost my mom one year ago last week. Totally understand about how long it takes to do anything. Such a cute card for your niece. Hope things go back to a new normal soon and we can all celebrate once again.

MadeByMeghanK said...

Emily, I am so sorry about your mom. Sending you hugs...
Beautiful card! i LOVE the clouds!

I Card Everyone said...

Emily, your card is just darling - oh, the colors in those clouds! I'll be saving your card 'recipe!'
I am including my sympathies with all the others … there is no greater pain than losing a parent, I know. Just ask my heart. I hope that happy memories will soon replace the sadness you're feeling these days.
Take good care of yourself, and keep those sweet guys of yours close by. xx
=]

cm said...

Emily, I didn't realize your mom passed away until today. I well know the grief and sorrow that come with losing a parent, as I lost my dad a few years back. My heart breaks for you. I agree with Michele: over time, the good memories will outweigh the sadness. For now, give yourself all the space you need to 'feel all the feels'. I wish I had a magic wand to make everything brighter for you; as I don't, just know that you have a friend here in Alberta, thinking of you and sending a zillion virtual hugs.

Your card is absolutely darling. I'm awaiting a few peek-a-boo dies, too!
hugs~carol

Purple Princess said...

very sweet card