Thursday, December 31, 2020

Catherine Pooler Designs | Cocktail Pup New Year


Happy New Year's Eve! I hope you're all hunkered down warm and cozy with your families, eating delicious food and enjoying spirits of all kinds. We've been playing a lot of board games and will have a quick dinner before watching a movie and trying to stay up 'til midnight. ;)


This was a custom design for close friends of ours. They have an Australian Shepherd with three colours so I stamped the pup from Peeking Pets in Midnight and shaded him with Twilight and Over Coffee


I stamped the champagne glass from Cocktail Party in Black Jack and rock 'n' rolled the champagne in Shea Butter and Sauna. Then I set those pieces aside while I heat embossed the fireworks from Sparkle and Pop in WOW Metallic Gold Rich Embossing Powder on a 4" x 5.25" panel which I then ink blended with It's a Boy, Fiesta Blue, Daydream and Juniper Mist.


Next, I used the Instant Happy Dies to die cut the polaroid from the panel and heat embossed 'new year' from Cocktail Party in WOW Metallic Gold Rich Embossing Powder. I also stamped and heat embossed the party hat from Peeking Pets and watercolored the stripes with It's a Boy, Fiesta Blue, Daydream and Juniper Mist. I popped up the polaroid on two layers of cardstock and adhered the pup and champagne using liquid glue and foam tape.


Thanks so much for stopping by! I wish you all health and happiness as 2021 begins! 

Supplies

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

How I love this card! Especially that cute puppy's paws. And the blue blending with the gold fireworks!