Monday, March 8, 2021

Spellbinders | March 2021 Small Die of the Month

Hello, friends! I'm back with some inspiration for the Spellbinders Small Die of the Month and this month's membership is packed with 13 dies that cut a total of 22 individual pieces. I'm in love with all of the details in these dies which make both rectangular cards and square cards, depending on which pieces you select. The Spellbinders Platinum 6 die cutting machine cuts them beautifully and the awesome tool 'n one removes all the detailed pieces so easily.


I started by using the largest die, cutting two pieces from Midnight cardstock, two pieces from Dove cardstock, two pieces from Aqua Sky cardstock, and six pieces from white cardstock for layering. I cut off the circles and hoops from each piece and adhered the white and coloured pieces together using liquid glue, slightly offsetting the two layers so you can see a bit of the bottom layer.


I trimmed a piece of Stardust cardstock to 4" x 5.25" and attached the layered die cuts in a diamond pattern, trimming off the overhanging sections. I used micro glue dots to attach die cut flowers from Ballet Slipper cardstock so they'd have a bit more dimension than liquid glue.

The Spellbinders Small Die of the Month comes with its own die cut sentiment but I wanted something smaller and more simple so I opted for a simple sentiment from the Clear Stamp of the Month, stamped in Midnight Ink. The original sentiment is on a single line so I masked it to stamp it on two lines in the centre of the card.


To finish, I added iridescent bubbles to the Ballet Slipper flowers and adhered the 4" x 5.25" panel to a white linen A2 card base.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Pretty colours, beautiful design... now just waiting on the spring part!