Wednesday, May 19, 2021

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Theater Fold -- Interactive Birthday Card

Hello, crafty friends! I'm so excited to present my new Taylored Expressions tutorial on the new and super innovative Theater Fold Frame Die! You've probably seen a lot of design team samples and also Taylor's video on this new interactive concept but there are so many ways to use this die and I provide lots of tips and ideas for using this die.


Some of the products designed to work with the Theater Fold Frame Die include the Oh My Word - Happy Birthday stamp set and Bitty Borders stamp set and coordinating dies. There are two other stamp sets with hello and thank you themes and they all coordinate with the images from Bitty Borders.

The Oh My Word - Happy Birthday stamp set is sized to fit perfectly in the window of the Theater Fold Frame Die and you can see that it can also accommodate a secondary sentiment from the same stamp set, or even a smaller one from Bitty Borders, even though you're most likely to stamp those on the inside of the card.


I ended up heat embossing my main sentiment with black twinkle embossing powder to add impact and the all-important wow factor. I love how perfectly it fits together and splits apart in that window!


On the inside, I used the Rectangle Masking Stencils and the Cloud Stencils to create the background and wings of the theater. It's another little detail that sets this card apart from regular cards. Of course, you can leave this plain or get as creative as you like with both stencilling and patterned paper!


I used two of the adorable images from Bitty Borders and coloured them with Copic markers. You can watch me colour them in the video and I've listed all the colours in the supply links below.


After die cutting the coloured Bitty Borders images, I used their coordinating dies to create a shadow from black glitter cardstock. This helps them stand out from the cloud background, as well as each other.

For a limited time, you can purchase the Theater Fold Starter Bundle, which is a steal at $46 since the Theater Fold Frame Die itself is $38. The start bundle provides you with all you need to make at least two Theater Fold cards! I promise you'll be addicted once you get started. ;)

Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

No comments: