Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Catherine Pooler | This Christmas Release

Catherine Pooler's newest release This Christmas is now available! My absolute favourite set from this release is Nostalgic Season and I've highlighted it here. It's a 6" x 8" layering set and it's soooo beautiful! I'm completely obsessed with this set and I think you will be, too.

The colours on this card were inspired by the new Grandma's Attic Slimline Patterned Paper which is so beautiful. The ink colours featured here are Polished, Clay MaskHot Tub and Spruce. I stamped the various outlines and 'coloured' the images with the solid stamps. It was so fun watching these ornaments come together!

On the round ornament, I did a little heat embossing with the white ring that goes around the Spruce outline. I used a new-to-me WOW Embossing powder called Sparkling Snow and it's perfect for winter/holiday cards. Then I die cut the two largest frames from white and white glitter cardstock, respectively, using the new Scallops & Dots Dies.

I used blending brushes to add PolishedClay Mask and Hot Tub to the dotted panel before stamping the strings for the ornaments and popping them on with foam tape. I stamped the Woodgrain Background in Spruce and attached all the layers with a panel of vellum between the white glitter scallops and the woodgrain.


There are so many amazing new products in the shop and I hope you'll go check them out! Please let me know what inspires you most to get started on your holiday cardmaking.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you again soon with more inspiration!

Supplies

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful Christmas design with the pretty ornaments.