Thursday, September 23, 2021

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Wheatfield Dreams Card Kit

I'm excited to share inspiration using the Wheatfield Dreams Card Kit from Taylored Expressions. I love the rich colours of this kit -- Mulled Wine, Honey and Sweet Basil. The gorgeous images illustrated by Lori Craig inspired three easy cards.

For my first card, I created a colour blocked background and added texture using the largest of the Diagonal Stitch Rectangle Stacklets. Then I added images that were ombre stamped with five different ink cubes -- Dijon, Honey, Mulled Wine, Avocado and Sweet Basil.

I stamped the sentiment with Sugar Cube ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I adhered the images with foam tape at the top and liquid glue at the bottom.


My second card features three Copic-coloured sunflowers which are adhered with foam tape at the top and liquid glue at the bottom. To create the tag, I stamped the sentiment on vellum using black pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I used the smallest of the Tag Stacklets 2 dies, using partial die cutting to shorten the tag.


For my third card, I heat embossed the burlap background using the copper embossing powder included in the kit. Then I cut a "moon" from the panel using the third smallest of the Stitched Circle Stacklets.


I added three Copic-coloured wheat images to the heat embossed panel with glue dots, trimming off the overhanging pieces before popping it on to the card base with foam tape. To finish, I added three small stars from the Gathered Stars Die, leftovers from my previous video.


I hope you're inspired to create with this kit! It's so inspiring for year-round thank you and encouragement cards. There are so many ways to use the beautiful kit ingredients and the possibilities are endless.


No doubt, this kit will be as popular as Lori's previous kits -- Field Notes and Field Notes 2 -- so be sure to grab one while you can! The September 2021 gift with $100+ purchase is a layering stencil set and it's so beautiful.


Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

No comments: