Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Ellen Hutson | Essentials by Ellen March 4th Release | Reveal Week - Day 2 + Gift With Purchase!


It's an exciting week with a new Essentials by Ellen Release available this Friday, March 4th! Today is Day 2 of Reveal Week and we're sneak peeking three new sets - Casual Greetings Hot Foil StampAbstract Nature and Classic Block Numbers & Symbols.


Both of my cards feature the Abstract Nature stamp set featuring Catherine Pooler inks in Party Dress, Coral Cabana, Catching Rays, Lemongrass, Garden Party and Oh Boy! For my first card, I stamped the shapes in a diagonal line on a 4" x 5.5" panel from top-left to bottom-right. Then I heat embossed some of the smaller hollow shapes and patterns with gold embossing powder.


I used one of the Stitching Lines dies to create faux stitching detail along the left edge of the panel. I cut a strip of chevron paper from Honey Bee's Back to Basics and adhered everything to a white linen card base.


To finish, I heat foiled the sentiment from the Casual Greetings Hot Foil Stamp Set in Polished Brass on heavyweight white cardstock. I die cut a second piece from Pitch Black cardstock to use as a shadow and to tie in with the patterned paper. I popped it on the card with foam tape and finished with gold sequins.


My second card features the same colours but the shapes from Abstract Nature in a more concentrated pattern. I placed the 4.25" x 5.5" panel in my mini MISTI stamping tool and stamped each shape twice by rotating it 180 degrees each time so they'd be mirrored on the opposite side of the panel. For some of the shapes, I used a different colour when I rotated the panel.


After added a few dot clusters in Versafine Onyx Black, I die cut the ampersand from the new Classic Block Numbers & Symbols die set right in the centre of the panel. Then I placed a piece of gold glitter cardstock behind it before adhering it to the white linen card base.


This time, I heat foiled the sentiments from the Casual Greetings Hot Foil Stamp Set in Polished Brass on Pitch Black cardstock. The darker sentiments tie into the stamped spots and provide a nice contrast to all the colour. I popped them on to the card with foam tape for a fun, custom get well sentiment.


Ellen Hutson is running a gift with purchase March 1st through 7th. You will get the Lucky stamp set free with any purchase of $75 or more! This means you can qualify for this free set when the new release goes live, while supplies last. It's a fun and fabulous freebie so get it while you can!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you again tomorrow for more sneak peeks!

Sources

No comments: