Tuesday, May 31, 2022

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | 3 Stencilled Card Ideas feat. Modern Eucalyptus Cardmaking Kit

Taylored Expressions has a new cardmaking kit and it's absolutely gorgeous! In this video, I used the Modern Eucalyptus Cardmaking Kit to create three cards. The Modern Eucalyptus Layering Stencils are a new favourite. It makes the most beautiful, soft flower laurels!


I selected two new colours - Rose Water and Tropical Punch - and two existing ink colours - Avocado and Salt Water Taffy - for this set of stencils. In the video, I created three different versions of the layered eucalyptus by varying the order of the colours for each layer.


I used the following order - Avocado, Salt Water Taffy, Rose Water and Tropical Punch - for the Modern Eucalyptus Layering Stencils on this first card. I die cut the Gemstone Thin Frame Cutting Plate with Tropical Punch, Avocado and gold glitter cardstock.


I stamped the sentiment from the Scripted Sentiments stamp set with Oreo ink on Salt Water Taffy cardstock, then attached it to a Sugar Cube card base.  I glued the gemstone frames to the panel, then popped on the eucalyptus flowers on with foam tape.


It's addictive layering these gemstone frames, whether it's one, two or three layers. There are so many ways to use them and, with all the different sizes, no card will look the same.


For my second card, I used the following order - Avocado, Tropical Punch, Salt Water Taffy and Rose Water - to stencil the eucalyptus flowers. I trimmed a full A2 panel from Avocado cardstock and added detail using two of the Diagonal Stitch Rectangle Stacklets.


I white heat embossed one of the Scripted Sentiments on the panel and attached it to a Sugar Cube card base. Then I glued two Rose Water gemstone frames and one gold glitter frame before popping the eucalyptus flowers on with foam tape.


Since the Avocado panel is fairly dark and the frames and flowers are light, I added gold pearls to coordinate with the gold glitter frame and avocado panel.


For this final card, I used the Mini Minc Foil Applicator with Champagne Deco Foil on one of the Foil It - Modern Eucalyptus cards. Then I used the layering stencils to fill in the flowers on the card.


I used the colours in the same order as the first card - Avocado, Salt Water Taffy, Rose Water and Tropical Punch. I stamped the Scripted Sentiment in Oreo ink in the centre of the foiled circle and trimmed a quarter inch off the right hand side.


I cut a panel of Tropical Punch cardstock and adhered it to a Sugar Cube card base. Then I trimmed a strip of gold glitter cardstock, attaching it to the left edge of the foiled panel and attached it to the card.

Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

No comments: