Thursday, September 1, 2022

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | 4 Card Ideas feat. Thank You in Bloom Kit

Taylored Expressions has a new cardmaking kit and it's so beautiful! We can all use more thank you cards in our stash and this one is made to create fast, stunning cards. It not only has one but two sets of innovative layering stencils!


In this video featuring the Thank You in Bloom Cardmaking Kit, I create four cards -- two on Sugar Cube cardstock and two on Toffee cardstock. Since fall and Thanksgiving are quickly approaching, I chose a retro colour palette and the Toffee really adds warmth to these cards.


My four main colours are Rose Water, Honey, Granny Smith and Poblano Pepper. I also used Sugar Cube and Toffee as neutral colours. All six colours are represented in both ink and cardstock, except for Granny Smith which is only used in ink.


My first card features the Toffee panel with white heat embossing. I inked up the flowers in Poblano Pepper and Honey, but later covered the Poblano flowers with die cut Rose Water flowers, layered with a gold glitter shadow. I cut the stencilled panel with the Stitched Rectangle Stacklets and added a Petite Scallop Rectangle layer cut from Rose Water cardstock and attached these to a Poblano Pepper card base.


My second card features the large sentiment on its own, stamped in Toffee ink. Then I also used two of the Diagonal Stitch Rectangle Stacklets to create detail and dimension. Instead of using the Thank You in Bloom Stencil, I used the Awesome Blossoms Layering Stencil to create the flower clusters.


I die cut the Awesome Blossoms and attached them to the panel with a combination of glue dots and foam tape. I added white enamel dots to the centres for detail and rounded two of the corners before attaching the panel to a Toffee card base.


I just love that my first two cards are so different from each other, even though they use the exact same colours. My next two cards will show you even more versatility with this card kit and all of the possibilities with the same colours, heat embossing and dimension.


My third card features the Thank You in Bloom stamp in Poblano Pepper on Sugar Cube cardstock. I stencilled the flowers in Rose Water and Honey, then added leaves in Granny Smith and Poblano Pepper. Then I used the Frame in Frame 2 Cutting Plate to add dimension to the panel.


I secured the centre section directly to the Honey card base and popped up the outer frame with foam strips. Finally, I added a few rose gold sequins from the kit for shimmer and shine.


My final card for this video features the Thank You in Bloom sentiment heat embossed with copper embossing powder. Once again, I used the Awesome Blossoms Layering Stencil to create the flowers and foliage. 


This panel was cut using the Stitched Rectangle Stacklets and attached to a Sugar Cube card base. I assembled the clusters differently from the second card and stencilled in a few of the tiny daisies to fill in the empty space before attaching the die cut images with glue dots.

Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

No comments: