Saturday, March 4, 2023

Lawn Fawn | Birthday Band Card

There's a funny(ish) story to go with this card. Last week, my son attended the birthday party of one of his bandmates from school. Without thinking, I whipped up this card, thinking it would impress him. Well, he was too embarrassed to give it to his friend. I hadn't given any thought to the fact that he was a 14-year-old teenager giving it to someone turning 15!

Needless to say, I was a bit hurt and disappointed. I tried to convince him to give it to his friend anyway, saying that his parents would love it. In the end, he just tied one of my existing tags (from this post) to the music store gift card with silver string and called it a day. I had to create a new happy birthday sentiment from Ready, Set, Shake to make the tag relevant. Both my son and husband said they wanted the slimline card for one of their birthdays so I guess that is done. 

Going back to the card, it features one of my favourite Lawn Fawn sets of all-time, Critter Concert, as well as the beaver from Wood You Be Mine?, which I finally got my hands on! The little drum is from Holiday Helpers, and the stage curtains and stars are from the Shadow Box Theater Add-On. The scalloped frame and flooring were created with the Trinity Stamps sets Scalloped Card Panels and Banners Slimline and Scenic Borders Slimline.

I used an x-acto knife to cut out the beaver's paws to accommodate the drum sticks and I also white heat embossed the sentiment on the slate gray panel. It had been too long since I used my Copic markers (a lot of them have dried up!) but I enjoyed the process and it was a good reminder to break out my critter stamps more often.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

No comments: