Friday, September 15, 2023

Lindsey's Legacy Hop for Clear Cell Ovarian Cancer Research | Blog Hop


Today, we are hopping in memory of our dear friend and fellow cardmaker, Lindsey Martin-Penny, who sadly passed away last year from a rare and aggressive form of ovarian cancer.

September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month and Lindsey’s husband Burke thought it would be a great time to sell off her many craft supplies, with all of the proceeds going towards Lindsey’s Legacy Fund for Clear Cell Ovarian Cancer Research in cooperation with The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.

The purpose of this hop will be to honour Lindsey, celebrate her life and all that she loved, as well as help spread the word to raise funds for clear cell ovarian cancer research. You can help in one of several ways!


  1. Purchase a Flat Rate Mailer stuffed with loads of fabulous craft supplies. These can only be mailed within Canada and there will be no tax receipts provided with the purchase of these boxes. A box of craft supplies would make a great gift for yourself, a crafty friend or a child/classroom! For details about the boxes and how you can go about purchasing one, please email lindseyslegacyfund@rogers.com with the message "Craft Box" or visit Lindsey’s original blog, Bashful Blogging. Every craft box purchase in September will be entered into a draw and one lucky winner will win a $100 gift certificate to Scrap ‘n Stamp.
  2. During the month of September, shop at Scrap ‘n Stamp using the code LINDSEY10 at checkout. You will get 10% off your purchase (sale items excluded) and Scrap ‘n Stamp will donate 10% of their proceeds to Lindsey’s Legacy Fund.
  3. Any donations over $15 made directly to Lindsey’s Legacy Fund will receive a digital tax receipt.
  4. Repost this hop on your social media and encourage others to share!

If you are here, you are at the start of Lindsey’s Legacy Hop! This hop is split into two portions: (a) a blog hop and (b) an Instagram hop. If you get lost along the way, please return to the full hop list below.

Part 1: Blog Hop
Emily Leiphart (you are here)

Part 2: Instagram Hop

How to hop:
💙 Like and leave a comment at each stop
💙 Learn a little bit about Lindsey’s connection to that person
💙 Share this post and help us save lives


I've struggled for more than a year to put into words what Lindsey meant to me and perhaps someday I will say it all in a vlog but, for now, I can tell you that Lindsey and I shared a deep love of books and reading. We would talk endlessly about the next book on our TBR list and discovering new genres. While we both loved physical books the most, we each had hundreds of virtual books on our e-readers.


The colour combo for this card features Lindsey's favourite colours, purple and red. I used several Waffle Flower products, including Layered Books, Shelves and Shelves Additions. I love all the details in these cute dies! The white heat embossed sentiment is my favourite from the Story Sentiments stamp set and it's my way of saying thank you to Lindsey for her friendship.


Other products featured here on this Lindsey-inspired card include Catherine Pooler's Great Start patterned paper, and Spellbinders' gold foil cardstock and oyster pearl dots. All of the coloured cardstock is from Taylored Expressions and you can find a complete list of colours in the supply links below. This was the first card I made in five months and while it was difficult to get started, I loved being able to create freely and combine so many different brands.


The next stop on the hop is Tracey McNeely. Please be sure to leave a comment at each of the stops where you can learn more about Lindsey’s life, loves and her legacy.

Thanks so much for hopping with us!

Supplies

16 comments:

Marlena M. said...

This is so beautiful and the tears are already starting. Thank you for honoring our INkspirational friend. I know she has many friends and I'm so grateful she's being given a tribute in this special way. She's a sweet person and was taken too soon.

JulieP said...

Your card is absolutely perfect, especially with that sentiment. Lindsey recommended so many good books to me over the years. Thank you for all of the work you did putting this together. I may have to pace myself .... I'm sure there will be other touching stories and memories. My heart will need to take a break.

Burke Penny said...

Beautiful card Emily. Thank you for all you’ve done to honour Lindsey and make this hop a reality ��

Barbara Godden said...

wonderful blog hop you have put together, your card is a wonderful ode to Lindsey. Like Julie I will pace myself as I have days I look at the beautiful cards she sent me and think how talented she was and was my sounding board when I was stuggling with a theme. She was so much admired and loved by all.

Nancy said...

First and foremost, thanks to you, Tracey, and Burke for putting this hop together. I think it was a wonderful idea and so well thought out. As for your card, it is absolutely wonderful and perfect for Lindsey. The sentiment brought me to tears. Thanks again.

Joyce said...

What a wonderful tribute to Lindsey. Your card is gorgeous. Thank you for organizing this blog hop and for inviting me to participate.

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card and even more beautiful post and tribute to Lindsey. Thank you so much for organizing this and for inviting me to be part of this!

Tracey McNeely said...

Emily I don't think you could have made a card any better than this for Lindsey! The sentiment is absolutely perfect and I know Lindsey was a big part of your story and I know this hop is a bit like closure but we'll be able to keep her memory alive whenever we talk about her! ❤️

luvhymns said...

What a legacy of love you gals have created for your dear Lindsey. I'm sure that her family is honored and heart warmed with all this love. She sounds like a neat Lady!

Karen said...

What a beautiful tribute to Lindsey and your friendship! As a lifelong reader, those dies and sentiment are some of my favorites. Thanks for all you've done to celebrate Lindsey's life.

~amy~ said...

oh Emily. I love your heartfelt project.

Julie B said...

A wonderful heartfelt tribute to a much loved friend and a great way to celebrate Lindsey's life. :)

Marcia Hill said...

While I mentioned in my post that I didn't know Lindsey other than through card making, I'm loving getting to know her through all the wonderful tributes and I just know we would have gotten along fabulously if we had ever met in person! Your card is perfection Emily, and also being an avid reader, it touched my heart too! What a perfect way to honor Lindsey...she sure touched a lot of lives with her beautiful spirit! So happy to have been a part of this special tribute! Hugs. :0)

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is beautiful and I can see just how much it was inspired by Lindsey. We all miss her more than words can say. I've just read one of the last books that she recommended to me and I have to say that it was a great suggestion and I enjoyed it all the more because she'd recommended it to me. Big hugs, Jo x

Glenda J said...

I love your card so much - it is a perfect tribute to Linds. Thank you for sharing your memories and for everything you did to organize this tribute.
This makes me think we need to talk about books more...
Big hugs my friend.

Tracey McNeely said...

Emily I have put off doing the hop for two weeks in fear that I would be sobbing my way through it and guess what I am! This card is the perfect Lindsey card and you can be sure that she would have driven down to Toronto just to use this fantastic set. You two were besties for so long and it's obvious you knew what card to make in her honour! xo