Sunday, January 21, 2024

Taylored Expressions | Bold Text Lunar New Year Cards


Hello, crafty friends! For the next little while, you'll be seeing loads of Chinese New Year cards from me an I hope you don't mind. I had all of my Taylored Expressions bins out and, after my last set of cards, realizing that On the Block - Happy had been retired, I was quite sad. I decided I had to use some of my other large sentiments and numbers to create more cards.


The new Lunar New Year Challenge is off to a great start and I hope you'll join us, either by linking up a new creation to the January Link-Up Party, following us on Instagram or by leaving a comment on our posts and entries!


Of course, I had to make another another two-for using the same supplies because why not? It's convenient and after die cutting the Cap It Off Numbers, I was able to swap the Cherry Pop Cardstock and Gold Glitter Paper to create two versions anyway.


I stamped Get the Word Out - Happy using Cherry Pop and Mulled Wine ink cubes to create an ombre effect. I also cut a shadow from Black Glitter Cardstock.  This particular sentiment strip from Mini Strips - Holiday was gold heat embossed on Black Licorice Cardstock.


The gold glitter stars were cut from the Starstruck Dies and the textured background was created using the Diamonds Piercing Plate. The stars and numbers were glued directly to the textured panel and the other two elements were popped up with foam strips.


This second design features a lot more black than I normally like to have on a Chinese New Year card so I definitely won't be sending it to an elder. I do love the impact it has on the overall design though.


This time, I gold tinsel embossed Get the Word Out - Happy on Black Licorice Cardstock and love how it turned out!


The top sentiment strip is from Mini Strips - Easter and the bottom sentiment strip is from Mini Strips - Grad. Both were gold heat embossed on Black Licorice Cardstock and, like the first card, die cut using the Mini Strips - Flag Die. The background features the Rays Pierce & Cut Plate, which I used on my last set of cards.


Please visit the Lunar New Year Challenge blog to see what the amazing design team has created and I hope you're inspired to play along. We look forward to seeing what you make.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon!

Supplies

No comments: