Saturday, February 10, 2024

Spellbinders | Warm Wishes for the Coming Year (of the Dragon)


Happy New Year! According to the Chinese Zodiac, the Year of the Dragon begins today! Do you know any dragons? That person would be turning 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, etc. between today and January 28, 2025. Wow, that seems like ages in the future, doesn't it? LOL 


Today's cards feature four products from Spellbinders and they include the Dancin' Birthday Dragon, Stitched Numbers, Starburst Glimmer Plate and A Merry Little Christmas Sentiments.


First, I cut the two A2 base panels from Barely Peach and Pomegranate cardstock. I used Opal Hot Foil with the Starburst Glimmer Plate at the top of the Barely Peach panel and Red Hot Foil at the base of the Pomegranate panel. I love that they're so different and equally beautiful!


Both of the sentiments were foiled with Matte Gold Hot Foil and one of the sentiments from A Merry Little Christmas Sentiments. I love that there are so many Christmas sets that include appropriate sentiments for the Lunar New Year.


I stitched the numbers on the Barely Peach card using Light Gold Metallic Thread, which I doubled up for thickness.


Finally, I created the Dancin' Birthday Dragon from Mirror Gold and black cardstock. For the crown and gift details, I used the same Pomegranate cardstock with Gold Glitter cardstock to make those little details extra special. My son wanted a black dragon but I'll have to make that for him outside of the Chinese New Year celebrations.


Since the directions of the heat foiled background were reversed on this second card, the sentiment appears at the top and therefore the stitched numbers are on the other side to make use of the space around the sentiment.


For this card, I stitched the numbers with Red Ruby Metallic Thread to match the background. Again, I doubled up on the thread to give the stars a fullness. I really love the brightness of this card! 


I'm including a close-up of those tiny gifts from the Dancin' Birthday Dragon set because the dragon didn't look right on this design and I wasn't able to flip him like I usually can with some simpler dies. I do love how those little gold gifts make cute embellishments!


If you were to receive one of these cards, which one would it be? I honestly can't pick a favourite. I love the lighter background on the first card but I've been obsessively making dragon cards that I almost like this simpler design better. ;)


If you are celebrating these next two weeks, I hope you are blessed with a very lucky, happy, healthy and prosperous year!

(save and share with your project)

Visit the February Link-Up Party post HERE to see all of the design team projects and be inspired to create your own! When sharing your challenge entries on social media, feel free to save this badge and post it along with your project. Please tag us @lunarnewyearchallenge on Instagram and use the hashtag #lunarnewyearchallenge so everyone can find and be inspired by all your amazing projects.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies

No comments: