Thursday, February 8, 2024

Spellbinders | Year of the Dragon feat. Dancing Birthday Dragon


Hello, crafty friends! Chinese New Year is almost here and the Year of the Dragon begins on Saturday, February 10, 2024!! As I'm sure you all know, I'm running the *NEW* Lunar New Year Challenge which has been so much fun. My team and I are loving the fabulous entries so far and I hope you're enjoying all the inspiration, too.


Spellbinders was kind enough to send me some products to create Year of the Dragon projects and this is just the first of many I'll be sharing with you. The Monster Birthday Collection has the perfect Dancing Birthday Dragon for this year's Chinese New Year festivities!


I cut the dragon's body from Grapefruit cardstock and added a bit of ink blending to create shadow areas for more dimension. The wings and belly were cut from Nectar and Sorbet cardstock. I used Poppy and Mirror Gold cardstock for the gift (aka red envelope) and crown.


To create the background, I cut an A2 panel from both Cranberry and Poppy cardstock. I used the Woodgrain Background Hot Foil Plate with Red Hot Foil on the Poppy panel. To create the sentiment, I used the Making Me Smile Glimmer Sentiments with Matte Gold Hot Foil on Cranberry cardstock.


To assemble the card, I trimmed pieces of the woodgrain foiled panel before glueing all the pieces to the card base, including the die cut sentiment. I used a foam square to pop up the dragon's head which allows the dragon's body to swing. It's super cute in action!

(save and share with your project)

Visit the February Link-Up Party post HERE to see all of the design team projects and be inspired to create your own! When sharing your challenge entries on social media, feel free to save this badge and post it along with your project. Please tag us @lunarnewyearchallenge on Instagram and use the hashtag #lunarnewyearchallenge so everyone can find and be inspired by all your amazing projects.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies

No comments: