Wednesday, August 20, 2014

{Mama Elephant} Stamp Highlight: Rewind

 

You & Me
Rock
A Groovy Kind of Love

It's Day 3 of the Mama Elephant Stamp Highlights for the August Release and today the design team is featuring Rewind. Once again, I'm featuring the cassette tape but in a very different way. I paper pieced it with patterned paper from Simple Stories' The Story of Us 6x6 paper pad and added the ribboned sentiment coming out of it. 


To supplement the main word 'Rock', I used the bunny and bear from Carnival Cupcakes (+ Creative Cuts) to anchor the 'you' and 'me' - also from Rewind - on sweet little speech bubbles from Polaroid Fun. The gorgeous ampersand is from Index Card Creative Cuts. The bottom part of the sentiment is also from Rewind.


I made this card with my husband in mind but my son saw it and said that he wants it for himself because the animals are so cute. He has a stuffed bunny that looks exactly like this one. Heehee. I guess I'll have to make him a card with these cute animals, too. ;) The best part was that he didn't even question the cassette tape 'cause he's listened to some of my old ones at my parents' house!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

13 comments:

DoofyJEss2 said...

Oh my gosh!! What a sweet card!! Love the paper piecing on the cassette tape and those animals are so so so cute!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Total sweetness! Love those critters, the glittery ampersand, the papers, so fun!

Cindy C. said...

Super sweet!!
Super cute!!
Super fun!!

Yuki said...

This card is just too adorable! I love the paper-pieced cassette tape, so cute!

Lucille K said...

Ohh, this is such a sweet card, great idea and mix of ME stamps :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!!

Lindsey said...

This card just makes me go awwwww. :) Glad you're teaching history to D, too. :D

Lalo said...

So cute but still rocks!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Awwww.... sweet! The combined sentiment is awesome--you are always so good with combining sentiments. The mix of papers is beautiful!

Tracey McNeely said...

Emily this is totally sweet! love the colours!

WhoMom said...

Love the cassette tape with the critters! Adorable idea. Love the 3D pop too.

Barb Ghig said...

I love this cute card, Emily! Your paper piecing is perfect and I love how you combined sentiments...so fun!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Really love the look of this card, Emily! And tose new stamps are so groovy! Hihi, I love the tape stamp, makes me remember how my Pim won me over, with making mixed tapes for me! :) Love it!!
Hugs, Wendy