Friday, May 10, 2019

{Concord & 9th} May 2019 Feature Friday: Filled In Florals


Hi, everyone! I'm super excited and honoured to be joining Kelli Cool and Nicole Rinaldi as guest designers with Concord & 9th for their May 2019 Release!! I'm a huge fan of Concord & 9th and I love all of their clever and innovative products. I always want the entire release every month. Do you feel the same way?


This week, the guest designers are featuring the Filled In Florals Bundle, a companion set to the previously-released Fine Line Florals Bundle. I'm totally crazy about both of these sets and if you missed my latest Two Many Cards video with Kalyn Kepner, you should watch them because we both sneaked the Filled In Florals Bundle before its release and our videos will give you even more inspiration on how to use these products on their own and together with the Fine Line Florals Bundle!


While I focused on the Filled In Florals Dies in that video, this week's projects focus on the Filled In Florals Stamp Set. Obviously, I also used the dies to cut out the flowers but I wanted to use all of the images in this stamp set. I created monochromatic gift boxes with coral and teal inks.


I used the new Gingham Background to make my own pattern on the sides of the gift boxes, which were folded using a gift box punch board.


I used the lightest shade to stamp the gingham and then I used three consecutively darker shades to stamp the diamonds from top to bottom. I took some stills of that process since the box doesn't fit inside the original MISTI. Let me know if you'd be interested in a process video for this!


I used the corresponding sets of ink colours to stamp the flowers. I used a light grey for the leaves since I wanted the flowers to take centre stage. I layered vellum Fine Line Florals leaf dies on top of the Filled In Florals leaves.


I also threw in some gold glitter cardstock for the centres of the flowers and stamen to bring out the gold string and heat embossed sentiment. I'm so obsessed with that die cut sentiment, which is why I had to use it again. It makes such a great tag for the gift box!


Please visit the Concord & 9th blog to read more about this month's guest designers and see all our projects and more.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you again next Friday. :)

Supplies:

4 comments:

cghundley said...

These look fabulous!
Love the colors and
the tag.
Carla from Utah

Rebecca Ednie said...

These boxes are gorgeous! I love the plaid sides and gold cord.

Natalie said...

Love the tone-on-tone of the gingham. I would like to see a process video.

jan metcalf said...

Love your gifties!!