Monday, May 13, 2019

{Altenew} For You, Mom


I hope everyone had a nice weekend and, if you celebrated Mother's Day, I hope it was wonderful. Many of you, like me, who have suffered losses, may have a hard time with such a holiday and I share your heartache. This past year has been hard on my family since my mom's health has been in steady decline but we'll cherish these moments with her as long as we have her.


When I have to make a quick floral card, I tend to reach for Altenew's Extra Special Stamp Set and Extra Special Die because I can stamp the blooms in three easy steps. I usually do it in two sets of colours, whether different ones or a lighter version with a darker version as I've done here. I layer them together and it's pretty much done!


For the sentiment part of the card, I heat embossed "for you" with white embossing powder on soft stone cardstock and die cut "mom" using the Inline Alpha Dies, layered with white glitter cardstock and fun foam. I used Studio Katia's awesome glue to adhere the letters to the card base, as well as iridescent and clear drops to the centres of the flowers.


I created the white frame using My Favorite Things' A2 Rectangle STAX Set 1 Dies. It highlights the heat embossed sentiment, as well as the outline of the die cut flowers.


I really enjoyed putting this card together and I hope it inspires you to make something similar. The Extra Special Stamp Set is perfect for all female figures in your life!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

4 comments:

Purple Princess said...

Wow! Just gorgeous!!

Lisa K said...

Beautiful card! Mother's Day was hard for me as my Mom passed away not even a month ago. I know as time passes it may be a bit easier, but I doubt it. I will always remember Mom and the many cards I have made for her for Mother's Day. I pray you have good days with your mother. :)

Lindsey said...

This is so pretty! Total wow on the floral cluster, and works so well with the soft colours of the card itself.

Cindy C. said...

Absolutely stunning card!! Must CASE in the future!!