Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Viva La Verve with a NEW {twist} [VLVJun02]

The VLV {twist} for the second week of June is to use something {NEW}! That wasn't too hard for me. Everything you see on this card is new except the base and the inks. I used new paper from Lime Rickey, new cardstock from the DCWV sweet stack, a new bella and a new Verve sentiment. I've had this bella for two years now and it was uninked so it was a good time to use her! My son was a handful this morning and kept interrupting me so that's why this card is so busy. I think all my cards have been crazy looking lately...

The tripod was hard to colour with Copics! I had to dot along the legs with the point of the brush very carefully. I also didn't like the thought of covering up all those colourful little birds but silly me already glued the paper down so I had to use it. I wanted to add ribbon but didn't have one that matched perfectly so I just cut out additional flowers from the same cardstock, lined the edges with a Copic marker and popped them off the card for effect. The image didn't look finished without a border so I took a couple of chalks and made it look like an old sepia photograph. I love the sentiments in Because Of You and decided to use one on the blank area of the card to finish. This card can be used for a family member or a close friend. Cute, eh?

Here's the VLVJUN02 sketch:
And here's my card:

I didn't photograph this card on a white background only because the background is also white. The fuzz on the bottom edge of the card is blue suede from the chair the card is sitting on!

Sources: DCWV & Halcraft cardstock; Lime Rickey howdy doody; Stamping Bella saycheesabella; Memories Black ink; Verve Because Of You; SU! Garden Green, Rose Red and Taken With Teal inks; Copics; Pebbles chalks; Dimension squares

No comments: