Monday, June 8, 2009

Viva La Verve with a {twist} of THREE [VLVJun01]

I've been wanting to try out Verve's Friday sketches with a {twist} for a while now and I finally got around to it so here's my first one. It turned out to be an extremely challenging one! There were so many layers and requirements. The {twist} for the first week of June was {THREE} which means I had to use at least three colours of cardstock, three types of embellishments and three stamp sets. I decided to use this challenge to make a Father's Day card for my wonderful father-in-law who is an avid reader and loves tools!

My three colours of cardstock are black, kraft and pale green but there are more colours paperwise. I bought a new package of designer papers yesterday and just realized they are the same colour theme as the card I made yesterday for my Dad. LOL I guess I just love blue, green and orange together. Closeup the papers have a vintage look to them with spots that look worn out. I love that! I actually have four embellishments which are the origami shirt and tie, brad, wrench and hemp cord. I found tool embellishments at the dollar store in the scrapbooking section. There were three different tools in each package for $1. How great is that? The three stamp sets are Verve's Because Of You, HOTP Plain & Simple ABCs and HOTP Tiny Words & Images. I still don't have any oval punches or nesties hence the circle for the sentiment.

Here's the VLVJUN01 sketch:

And here's my card (click on images to enlarge):

I just ordered the May Stamp Collection and can't wait to receive it. I'm actually going to hold off on making my husband's first Father's Day card until the set arrives!! I hope it arrives next week so I can use it on the remaining VLV challenges this month. I've also created a mock light box so I hope my cards are photographing a little better!

Sources: DCWV, The Paper Company and Bazzill Basics cardstock; Making Memories Chloe's Closet papers; Verve Because of You (pop up flower); SU! Ballet Blue and Vivid! ButterScotch inks; American Crafts brad; HOTP Plain & Simple ABCs (dad); Memories Black ink; HOTP Tiny Words & Images (Great; You're the Best, Star); Versafine Smokey Gray ink; Darice hemp cord; Forever In Time scrapbook wrench; McGill circle punches; Fiskars Nostalgia Threading Water border punch; Dimension squares

1 comment:

Janelle Stollfus said...

I'm back! Thanks for stopping by my SCS gallery. I just love this card. You did such a great job on it.

You didn't give details on your mock lightbox, so you may have the same setup, but I made one out of supplies from the garage and craftroom (with the exception of the lights which were $5/ea at Home Improvement store. http://rainpuddlesdesign.blogspot.com/2009/03/macro-photo-suite-for-free.html