Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge [SSSC21] / Happy Father's Day

I actually started this card early in the week but put it aside for whatever reason. I knew I was using Verve's Because Of You set because it's still fairly new and I bought it after Mother's Day. Even though there are no Dad or Father words on it I wasn't worried because I have alphabet stamps and punches. I have a wish list that keeps growing and I'm still undecided between SU's Wonderful Favorites set and Verve's May Stamp Collection but I know either will come in handy regardless of when I purchase them.

When I saw Karen's lovely sketch this morning, I was delighted because it was perfect for finishing my card. I love this sketch because it reminds me of this card I made for a friend's dad and it uses ribbon tags like in these two cards I made recently, one of which also used a Sweet Sunday sketch! I had a lot of fun with this one and love the colour combination. Don't I always? :) I have three dads to make cards for this year and I think I will give this one to my dad because he tends to the most amazing garden and will love the floral elements on this card.

Here's Karen's sketch:
And here's my card:
Sources: DCWV, SBD and Halcraft cardstock; random scrap paper (pale green); random Japanese rice paper (blue/green floral square); Verve Because Of You image and sentiment; SU! Garden Green and Ballet Blue inks; Memories Sky and Black inks; HOTP Plain & Simple ABCs; Vivid! ButterScotch ink; Fiskars Nostalgia corner edger; McGill square punch; Celebrate It ribbon

3 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Your dad will love this card - how sentimental for him. I love all the paper!!

Pirre said...

So cute and pretty! I love the colors!!!!

Jodi said...

Oh your dad will love this card! I love your pretty papers for the card too!
Hugs
Jodi =)