Saturday, August 8, 2009

Peek-a-Boo

I have baby brain... er, baby on the brain. LOL Since my son's first birthday is coming up and I have to make his birthday card, I thought I would warm up with this baby card. I pulled out the retired SU set called Baby Firsts and I paired it with some Nursery dp. It's so much fun making pink cards! Initially, I tried to use various sketches but nothing looked right so I created my own layout and this is what I ended up with. I find that sometimes when I rely on sketches too much it stifles my creativity so it was nice to think outside the box this time. The image and sentiment are a little smudged but, meh, I made this in record time! I glittered up the duck and bubbles, then added crystal effects to the bath tub. I was very shocked and delighted when the bow came together on the very first attempt! I think I may be getting the hang of bow tying!!! :D

Sources: DCWV (textured cardstock & Nursery-Gltr Girl Stripes), Paper Reflections & Halcraft (smooth white); SU Baby Firsts image; unknown sentiment; Memories Black ink; Copics; Atyou Spica glitter pen; SU scallop circle punch; SU Crystal Effects; Dashes, Dots & Checks ribbon; dimension squares

No comments: