Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Twice As Happy

I was a little off-kilter today. I thought it was Monday but it's Tuesday. When I wanted water, I poured myself a glass of milk instead. Well, it's obvious that I need more sleep. I had the chance to nap this morning but a friend was visiting from New York so I couldn't.

I started this card with the intention of following a sketch but I ended up abandoning it completely. I made a birthday card since I seem to have a shortage of those. I created this card from the bottom up, starting with the white picket fence. I can't help but pair it with some textured grass! It's definitely my favourite border punch. When I punched the first scallop, I was originally going to use it to frame an image but when I was moving it around on the card, the idea of using it as a flower popped into my head. I decided to stagger two of them and left the leaves off so they could also be interpreted as trees. I really love how this card turned out!

Sources: SBD kraft, Halcraft white & Bazzill Basics spring moss cardstock; Basic Grey Wisteria Violet & Provo Craft paper; SU scallop circle punch & 1-3/8" circle punch; unknown Happy Happy sentiment; Imaginisce All Kinds of Happy sentiment; SU Elegant Eggplant ink; dimension squares; Darice hemp cord

1 comment:

Charlene Austin said...

I hope you caught up on some sleep but if this is what happens when you are tired --WOW. I adore this card.