Thursday, April 20, 2017

{Altenew Video} April Guest Designer


Hi, everyone! I'm super excited to be a guest designer on the Altenew blog today! I'm a huge fan of their amazing products, I loved teaching at Altenew Academy and it's always a pleasure to  participate in their blog hops. I've created two cards on video for this special post.




This first card features two adorable foxes from Hug Me, combined with images from Coffee Love and a sentiment and background from Coffee Talk. I created the background by stamping the heart-shaped coffee ring in Sand Dunes, Rocky Shore and Mocha inks.


Then I heat embossed the images and watercoloured them with distress inks. The sentiment itself was heat embossed on a sheet of vellum, which was overlaid on the background to soften the colours and allow the images to pop.


My second card features a one-layer clean and simple masculine card in a favourite 3.25" x 6.5" shape. I combined the Engineers Rule and Best Dad stamp sets. Many of you know that my husband is a mechanical engineer who designs bicycles for several big brand companies. When I saw the Engineers Rule stamp set, I knew I had to have it!




To create the layout for this card, I arranged the stamps themselves on the cardstock to make sure they would fit and form a rectangle. I really wanted to use the vice where the safety goggles are but it didn't fit well in that space. Some of the images don't come with filler stamps so I used other images from both Engineers Rule and Best Dad to add colour without having to actually colour.


I loved creating these cards for you and I hope you've enjoyed today's inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources for Perk Up:




Sources for Engineer Dad:

5 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Emily two awesome cards and your videos were so technical, but fun and you made the steps seem very doable. Congrats on your guest design!

snappy scrappy said...

Sweet designs...LOVE your videos!

Jo Ann U. said...

I love the dad card -- very "guy" oriented without a lot of different colors. Terrific!

Lindsey said...

Those foxes really are cuties, especially when combined with coffee! :D I really love the dad card... brilliant way to add colour to the elements, as well!

Helen Kalb said...

You really make the best videos Emily!