Tuesday, August 28, 2018

{Technique Tuesday} Scholarly Goats


What can I say? I'm a book lover and I love goats! LOL It was only natural to combine Gertie and Garth with Planner Bookworm. I love that the little planner set includes three types of books. While I love books in their traditional format, I'm now an eReader convert. My first eReader was a Kobo Aura and I recently bought a second eReader, in the form of a Kobo Clara, because my son was hogging my Kobo Aura. I do love that he is addicted to reading so it's all good! ;)


Naturally, I had to feature all three types of books from Planner Bookworm on these two cards. I actually made the more clean and simple card first but I'm going to show the busier one first. I started by stamping multiples of the books and Gertie and Garth.


Since Planner Bookworm doesn't have coordinating dies and I had to fussy cut them anyway, I decided to do the same with Gertie and Garth, just like in this other card I made previously. Sometimes the images look better without the white border that result when using dies.


I used a generic border die to create my hill but it's very similar to Cars on the Border, which I did not own until after I finished my card. I will use that next time I need to create hills! I sponged all of the backgrounds with distress inks (colours linked below) and splattered with shimmer mist. I also added some chunky confetti glitter to anchor the two goats in the foreground.


It seems like I don't make clean and simple cards very often but they were my original style when I first started crafting and it always feels very satisfying to create one that I love. That was the case for this simpler card.


I swapped out the word BACK and used one of the other sentiments 'Here's LOOKing at you kid' with some selective masking to stamp the word BOOK. On the first card, I did the same thing but inserted the word BOOK between GOATS' and CLUB to modify that original sentiment.


I had so much fun creating these two cards and I can't wait to send them to my bookish friends! I hope I've inspired you to mix and match your stamp sets. You never know what you'll discover.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

6 comments:

Purple Princess said...

Super cute goats!!

Lindsey said...

These are so much fun! Your selective masking/inking of the sentiments is amazing. And the goats! So cute. Although I wouldn't be surprised to discover that goats prefer eating books to reading them... :P

shahen said...


شركة تنظيف بجدة

شركة تنظيف بخميس مشيط

newstart said...

نيوستارت للتسويق العقاري، أفضل شركة تسويق عقاري في مصر، عقارات للبيع في العاصمة الادارية والعين السخنة والساحل الشمالي، أفضل الأسعار وأنظمة دفع وتسهيلات.

https://telegra.ph/%D8%A7%D9%87%D9%85-%D9%85%D8%B4%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%B9-%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%86%D9%8A%D9%88-%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%AA-%D9%84%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B3%D9%88%D9%8A%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%8A-08-03

nora said...

أفضل دكتور تجميل دكتور محمد عماد الدين
احسن أطباء التجميل وطبيب تجميل الفنانات والمشاهير يُمكنك الدكتور محمد عماد الدين من ان تصل لهدفك سواء استعادة الجمال أو نحت وتنسيق القوام بأفضل خدمة طبية بمواصفات عالمية، كما إنه احسن دكتور تجميل في مصر ايضًا لإجراء العمليات غير الجراحية للتجميل. يمكنك الحصول على أفضل النتائج التي سوف تغير مجرى حياتك وتستعيد بها الثقة في ذاتك، كل ذلك تحت إشراف طبي متكامل وتقنيات تكنولوجية حديثة في جميع العمليات التجميلية مع محمد عماد الدين افضل دكتور عمليات حقن البوتكس في مصر.

romman said...

لانجري شيفون مثير قطعة