Tuesday, October 2, 2018

{Studio Katia} Kobi the Birthday Bear + Birthday Greetings


We attended a birthday party over the weekend for one of my son's friends from school. The birthday girl likes all things cute and girlie so I knew Kobo the Birthday Bear would be perfect for the card. I especially love that the stamp and die set has individually numbered candles for the delicious cake!


I used a handful of distress inks (listed below) to watercolour the heat embossed images and added a simple sentiment from the Birthday Greetings stamp set, which is one of my favourite sets for detailed and meaningful sentiments.


To create the background, I smooshed the same colours I used on the images on to a large acrylic block, misting it with shimmer spritz and smooshing the block on to the base panel.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

5 comments:

Christine Kiehl said...

simply darling

Purple Princess said...

So adorable!!

~amy~ said...

He's so CUTE.

Teresa Doyle said...

This is too cute for words Emily. The candle numbers are AWESOME! What a terrific set!

Lindsey said...

What a great idea to have numbered birthday candles - so easy to personalize the card! I like the subtle smooshed background, and Kobi is always cute!