Saturday, July 4, 2020

Catherine Pooler Designs | Peeking Pets Birthday Duo


I made two birthday cards using the same products and ink colours. I love that they're similar but have two completely different looks! I used two new favourites, Peeking Pets (with coordinating dies) and Instant Happy. I loved all the samples shown at release time and had to have them. They're definitely going to get a lot of use!


I used Samba, Tiara, Mint To BeIt's a Boy and Sweet Sixteen on both cards. I masked off criss-crossing stripes on the first card and used those ink colours to 'wrap' the Instant Happy die as a gift. Then I used those same colours to watercolour the cat's party hat. I die cut the 'birthday' word from black glitter cardstock and used a sparkle pen on the pompom and all of the white space between the coloured stripes.


In the background of this card, I used the Instant Happy die to dry emboss the background. I did this by die cutting two more frames and using them to emboss the background. Then I rounded two corners and used Midnight ink to colour the corner pieces that were adhered back on to the card base.


This second card features the same two stamp sets, Peeking Pets (with coordinating dies) and Instant Happy, as well as the same ink colours,  SambaTiaraMint To BeIt's a Boy and Sweet Sixteen. I used a much lighter hand when ink blending the stripes.


For this card, I added glasses from Pet Specs and clouds from Mountain of Thanks (with coordinating dies). For the glittery silver cloud, I die cut the solid cloud die and then used scissors to cut out the centre, leaving just an outline. I felt that the whole cloud was too heavy for this design. I also used Twilight ink to ink blend the frame around the Instant Happy die.


Which card do you prefer? I honestly can't choose but since my two cat-loving friends have such different tastes, I know they'll love their personalized cards!


Don't forget to check out Catherine Pooler's 4th of July Super Sale! You can find more on this sale in my previous post HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

You only have two cat-loving friends? You should work on that. :D Both of these cards are spectacular - so different but using the same supplies!

Purple Princess said...

so wonderful