Thursday, November 26, 2020

Catherine Pooler Designs | Winter Wishes + HUGE Black Friday Sale!


Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! I hope you all have a safe and relaxing Thanksgiving holiday. Today's card features Catherine Pooler's new Warm My Heart stamp set and coordinating dies. Can you guess why I had to have this set? Yes, of course it was that cute little squirrel!! 

This set was made as a second set for the Old Oak Tree Background, which I didn't have, so I had to get that, too! It's a fabulously versatile background because I love to make cute scenes with critters. That stack of crates is actually part of a wagon and I decided to use it to create a little nook for the snowman and his woodland friends! 

I used the rock 'n' roll technique on both the tree with Over Coffee and Icing on the Cake inks to create dimension and shadow. I also rolled embossing ink on the top edges and heat embossed Sandcastle Embossing Glitter for sparkle on the tree and crates. I love it and you can see the quick video showing that sparkle in real life on my Instagram feed.


I used almost all of the other little stamps from the Warm My Heart stamp set to finish the scene, including the snowman, snowflakes, cardinal, foliage and lanterns. The sparkly snowhills were created with the Melon Edge Dies, one of my favourite and most-used die sets. I used a combination of liquid glue, glue dots and foam tape to assemble the scene, which has a lot of dimension and visual interest.


Catherine Pooler's Black Friday Sale is on NOW! For the first time ever, inks are included in this sale!! The more you buy, the more you save. Sale ends Monday, November 30, 2020. Shop before your favourites are sold out!


Thanks so much for stopping by and happy shopping! ;)

Supplies