Monday, November 30, 2020

Evelin T Designs | Baby, It's Cold Outside


Today's fun winter card features the Baby, It's Cold Outside stamp set from Evelin T Designs' latest release. I just love this big illustration of a monster sledding! I haven't been sledding in ages and the monster's excitement makes me want to go, except I'm getting old and can't tolerate the cold much anymore so maybe not. LOL


I started this card by selecting distress ink colours for my image. Then I stamped the images and sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  I die cut the background from a retired arch die from My Favourite Things. If you're looking for something similar, I've provided an alternate in the supply links below.


I also stamped tiny snowflakes with Versamark Watermark ink before ink blending the background with three shades of blue distress ink. I watercoloured the image, dried it with my heat tool and fussy cut it. To create the shaker, I added acetate to the front panel and used foam tape to build walls to house the sequins and seed beads from Studio Katia.


I love this idea for winter cards in lieu of holiday cards or in addition to Christmas cards. No doubt, this winter will feel extra long and we can all use as much happy mail as possible! I'm tempted to make a bunch of these in different colours.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love your little monster! I'm not sure I want to see him in any other colour now. Fun shaker element, too!

Lynn said...

Your card is a monster of a success! I love everything about it. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Purple Princess said...

Super cure!!