Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Catherine Pooler Designs | Holiday Tag Commission #3


I can't believe it's two days before Christmas! How did we get here?! I feel like this has been both the longest and shortest year in history and therefore I have conflicting feelings about this year coming to an end. Since Christmas is upon us and the first two sets of tags were for gift-giving, I thought I'd make a set of tags just for saying thanks since we always need those last-minute gifts for any surprises or unexpected and socially-distanced visits.


I used six sets to make these tags. Can you name them all? First, I die cut 24 tags from Layered Tags Dies from toffee cardstock and used the edge of the Essentials Slimline Dies to create the slashes on the side of the top layer to create a road or anchor for the truck.

Next, I die cut the truck and tree from Sleigh Ride, one of my favourite stamp sets from the Deluxe Club Sursee collection from October 2019. I created an ombre look for the truck by stamping it with Twilight and Black Jack ink. The wheels were stamped with straight Black Jack. The trees were stamped with Grass Skirt and Deck the Halls.


Next, I die cut the stack of gifts from Warm My Heart and ombre stamped those with Polished and Rockin' Red, Shea Butter and Sauna, Grass Skirt and Deck the Halls, It's a Boy and Fiesta Blue, and Sweet Sixteen and Pixie Dust.

Before adhering the images to the tags, I used Midnight ink to stamp the sentiment from Best in the Patch, one of my favourite and most versatile sentiment sets. Then I used the best white pigment ink to stamp the stars from Here We Come A-Caroling, a long-time Christmas favourite.

I used liquid glue to attach the gifts to the trucks before popping them up on foam tape over the trees for dimension. To add bling and ornaments to the trees, I used seed beads and sequins from the Vegas, Baby sequin mix. White hemp cord finishes off the tags and, of course, they all open to accommodate a personal message.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

No comments: