Thursday, December 17, 2020

Catherine Pooler Designs | Holiday Tag Commission #2


I apologize in advance for the photo-heavy post. The adorable Hang Your Stocking Dies from Catherine Pooler make the best shaped tags! I couldn't stop photographing these in various ways and then I couldn't decide which photos I liked better so I'm sharing them all. I hope you enjoy them! 


Much like Part 1 of my holiday tag commission, these stockings open so a handwritten note can be written inside. I die cut all of the stocking pieces from white linen cardstock and stamped the top layer with the Plaid Background using Cranberry Fizz ink. I was able to stamp two stockings at the same time using my MISTI stamping tool.


Using liquid glue, I adhered the three white pieces to each stocking. Then I die cut all the floral pieces from smooth white cardstock. The poinsettia and foliage are from the gorgeous Let's Go Skating stamp set and coordinating dies.


The poinsettia was stamped with watermark ink and heat embossed with gold tinsel embossing powder. The holly leaves and stem were stamped with Spruce and Icing on the Cake inks, respectively.


Using an acrylic block, I stamped the sentiment from Best in the Patch using Black Jack ink before using liquid glue to attach the holly leaves and popping up the poinsettias with foam tape. To finish, I scored the bottom half of the stocking and secured it to the top of the stocking with 2" tape to create a folding note tag.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

3 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

These are just adorable, Emily! I love the plaid and the cranberry color you used! Awesome dies!

Lindsey said...

I love these! The perfect tags!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Gorgeous! Just love them!